The Student Room Group

A level options??

Hello I have like one day to decide what a levels to choose and I’m currently in a dilemma. Let me preface this by saying my school requires us to start off with 4 a levels. Ok so basically I have 5 subjects to choose from: bio chem maths art history. I want to study biology chemistry and maths so I have open options for uni (med, biomed, natural biology etc) but I also want to study art and history, both of which I thoroughly enjoy, so I am very reluctant to drop either (and both I could do really well in easily). Also I don’t actually really like chemistry neither am good n find it quite boring tbf and find maths way more interesting but if I don’t do chem, my options in that sort of path are limited. I’ve talked to a bunch of teachers and friends and they’re telling me a) make a hard decision and choose between art and history or b) drop one out of maths bio chem. someone pls help
the combination of bio and chem gives you open entrance to literally every med or bio-chem option at college, and you like maths so it shouldn't be that much of a big problem. for chem you just have to try hard, so before you choose you should ask yourself if you really wanna learn med in uni. if you do, then a) would be wise.
and you can always learn more about art and history (no matter which one you decide to drop) on your own just as a hobby, it doesn't have to be one of the a-level subjects that you can thoroughly enjoy!
Original post by rezwanaeva
Hello I have like one day to decide what a levels to choose and I’m currently in a dilemma. Let me preface this by saying my school requires us to start off with 4 a levels. Ok so basically I have 5 subjects to choose from: bio chem maths art history. I want to study biology chemistry and maths so I have open options for uni (med, biomed, natural biology etc) but I also want to study art and history, both of which I thoroughly enjoy, so I am very reluctant to drop either (and both I could do really well in easily). Also I don’t actually really like chemistry neither am good n find it quite boring tbf and find maths way more interesting but if I don’t do chem, my options in that sort of path are limited. I’ve talked to a bunch of teachers and friends and they’re telling me a) make a hard decision and choose between art and history or b) drop one out of maths bio chem. someone pls help

Heya!
You could sue uniguide explorer to find out what you can do with your combination if it helps :h: If you want to keep your science options open you should probably keep chem and bio. While it's not always a must to have chem, it will keep your options very open. Regarding art or history, it is up to you. Art is quite heavy and time-consuming from what I heard while history is essay heavy subject.
However, if you really dislike chem then perhaps don't choose that and stick with the ones you enjoy. There are science courses out there that don't specifically require chem. The best way to approach this is to use uniguide to explore your options!

I hope this helps!
MIlena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest