The Student Room Group

Why is everyone obsessed with having boyfriends ?

This whole forum is about does he/she likes me? Or anything close to that question. It’s ridiculous what happened to having goals/passions in life. Quite frankly I find it disgusting all people care about is anything close to having sex.
Reply 1
So lemme get this straight: you go to the ‘relationships’ forum, where people talk about current, past and future relationships, and then get heated over the fact that people are using this forum for exactly what they’re supposed to use it for? Mate if you wanted to talk about goal, there’s a whole other forum for that.

Also your tone comes across as someone who’s angry over the fact they’ve never had a relationship.
Reply 2
Original post by Huzam001
So lemme get this straight: you go to the ‘relationships’ forum, where people talk about current, past and future relationships, and then get heated over the fact that people are using this forum for exactly what they’re supposed to use it for? Mate if you wanted to talk about goal, there’s a whole other forum for that.

Also your tone comes across as someone who’s angry over the fact they’ve never had a relationship.

yes I’ve never had a relationship due to the fact I am Muslim. I never chose the forum it automatically chose this forum as a topic. These type of questions are the usual type that are flooded on the homepage
Reply 3
As someone who is seeking a partner, I think one reason it is a big thing is because having a loving partner amplifies your goals.

I love travelling. Going travelling alone can be fun, but it is much better if you are going with someone you love. Of course friends can serve a similar purpose, but in my experience it is harder to truly connect with friends (especially if you are a male - something like travelling is seen as pretty 'feminine', so unfortunately it is still slightly taboo).

If you have goals of being financially independent, a partner can support you physically and emotionally, as well as directly help you achieve your goal. Your partner working increases your joint income, allowing you to save more collectively and build a bigger pool of wealth.

In short, most goals/passions are better when you can experience it with someone close. I still enjoy my hobbies without a partner - it is simply even more enjoyable when they are around.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
As someone who is seeking a partner, I think one reason it is a big thing is because having a loving partner amplifies your goals.

I love travelling. Going travelling alone can be fun, but it is much better if you are going with someone you love. Of course friends can serve a similar purpose, but in my experience it is harder to truly connect with friends (especially if you are a male - something like travelling is seen as pretty 'feminine', so unfortunately it is still slightly taboo).

If you have goals of being financially independent, a partner can support you physically and emotionally, as well as directly help you achieve your goal. Your partner working increases your joint income, allowing you to save more collectively and build a bigger pool of wealth.

In short, most goals/passions are better when you can experience it with someone close. I still enjoy my hobbies without a partner - it is simply even more enjoyable when they are around.

Well fair enough. You’ve explained it perfectly
Reply 5
Sex is the most powerful istinct for all species, that's because they need to reproduce. If our sex drive was low, mankind would be extinct in a few generations. You can notice It even commercially, they say "sex sells" meaning that a commercial item sells more if It has sexuality (movies, adverts, games, music videos)
Reply 6
The poster above is correct.

Millions of years of evolution tell you to breed and attraction generates a positive hormonal response (Endorphins and Oxytocin).

Quick Reply

Latest