The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

How to switch course before uni

Hi, I have applied for computer science but have decided I would rather do mechanical engineering. I have already received offers for computer science. I am wanting to go to Newcastle, I am applying through partners for Newcastle as well so I get a reduced offer. How would I go about switching courses and would I still be able to apply via partners?
Original post by Kian2005
Hi, I have applied for computer science but have decided I would rather do mechanical engineering. I have already received offers for computer science. I am wanting to go to Newcastle, I am applying through partners for Newcastle as well so I get a reduced offer. How would I go about switching courses and would I still be able to apply via

You should be able to email the admissions officers at the University about it
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Original post by Kian2005
Hi, I have applied for computer science but have decided I would rather do mechanical engineering. I have already received offers for computer science. I am wanting to go to Newcastle, I am applying through partners for Newcastle as well so I get a reduced offer. How would I go about switching courses and would I still be able to apply via partners?

Hi @Kian2005

You can ask to change the course that you are applying for by submitting an enquiry through the Apply to Newcastle Portal, which you should have received a link to register for not long after you applied through UCAS. Once you submit the enquiry, our Undergraduate Admissions Team will consider your request and contact you as soon as they can.

As you have applied for the PARTNERS programme, switching courses will not affect this and if you receive an offer, our Undergraduate Admissions Team will make a PARTNERS offer to reflect this.

Hope this helps

Elliott

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending