The Student Room Group

WWIII - what would you do? (Poll)

Poll

At what point would you join the armed forces?

Following on from the potential WWIII post, I was wondering, if there was one tomorrow against nation x, what would you do? For females, lets assume that female regiments were created as well.

Whatever you chose, please give a reason!

Edit: Obviously I can't give many specifics, but lets say the security of your nation was threatened and that neither government was evil in the Nazi sense...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't see the poll.
Reply 2
....where's the poll?

and what i would do would depend entirely on the specifics.
Unfortunately I would not be able to do anything - otherwise I would be joining the Marines after uni, hypothetically speaking, I would like to be a marksmen.
Reply 4
Depends who was fighting and on the situation.
Reply 5
Duck and cover of course.

Fandellos
....where's the poll?

and what i would do would depend entirely on the specifics.

Unfortunately the system means that polls have to be added by the OP just after they've posted the thread, so there's a small time lapse. When you get round to posting a poll of your own, try it out, and watch for similar posts to your own. :p:
Reply 7
i would be medic or somthing. I'd do my dutyy as such but i wouldn't fight.
i would either only enlist if it got desperate or not enlist at all (go to jail)

it depended on who was at fault and how evil the other people/govt were.
Reply 9
to be honest int he event of world war three the americans would have blown the world up before we even knew about it.
Hubert Poo
Unfortunately the system means that polls have to be added by the OP just after they've posted the thread, so there's a small time lapse. When you get round to posting a poll of your own, try it out, and watch for similar posts to your own. :p:

Fair enough :smile:
I'd bugger off to a neutral country. It's not my fight just because I live in the country.
I remember reading something that if another WW was to happen, over 80% of casualties would be civilians. Hmmm.
In the Navy! Although it depends on who was fighting us...
I'm not a pacifist, but I certainly wouldn't fight for a country that I didn't have a choice about being a part of. If invading troops from either side attacked myself, my associates, or my property, I'd defend myself, but I wouldn't join up even if that meant jail time for practising civil disobedience with regards to conscription.
If it was say, the EU vs Britain, I would sign up straight away. It really does depend on who we're fighting.
Fight...though only if England were to be invaded. That must never happen.
your poll's only option for not fighting is to be a pacifist lol
manderlay in flames
your poll's only option for not fighting is to be a pacifist lol

Indeed. Rather serious flaw. Not everyone who'd have a problem fighting for their nation has a blanket issue with the use of violence.
Reply 19
its abit stupid people who wont fight for their saftey, if i werent fighting i would guard all planes to switzerland to make sure no pussies were running.

Latest