The Student Room Group

triple science

im scared of triple, since yr 10 ive asked if i can move to combined since its so much easier, but i cant because it ruins my timetable. i failed my yr 10 mocks, my january yr 11 mocks, and now im at the point the point where were doing our final tier setting exams and im prolly gonna do foundation for physics nd chem. i know i can pass it (hopefully) but i need at least 6s or higher because of mys strict parents. i try to revise but its such a bore, im at the point in yr 11 where im supposed to do past papers, and i dont understand anything, the only thing im good at is biology and i need to do good. can someone help me?
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by someonewastaken
im scared of triple, since yr 10 ive asked if i can move to combined since its so much easier, but i cant because it ruins my timetable. i failed my yr 10 mocks, my january yr 11 mocks, and now im at the point the point where were doing our final tier setting exams and im prolly gonna do foundation for physics nd chem. i know i can pass it (hopefully) but i need at least 6s or higher because of mys strict parents. i try to revise but its such a bore, im at the point in yr 11 where im supposed to do past papers, and i dont understand anything, the only thing im good at is biology and i need to do good. can someone help me?

From what I’ve found, triple science actually isn’t too bad.
Sure there’s some more content but GCSE’s as a whole is relatively basic.
It also is only a few more topics which can be taught via youtube - i recommend cognito and free science lessons.
From a year 11, it’s definitely worth it. An extra GCSE for a few additional topics
Hope this helps
Reply 2
Original post by someonewastaken

Heya!
When revising, try doing the pomodoro technique (article here) and also set yourself goals for the day - helps me with focusing on the revision, and perhaps you'll find it helpful too :h: Study Mind has free revision notes to help you with understanding the material. Do practice questions by topic after to ensure you fully understood the content and also go through the mark scheme.

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest