The Student Room Group

Options help!!!!!!!!!!

I am choosing my options very soon and have to submit them by the 30th march 2023. At my school compulsory are:
English (language and literature)
Maths
Combined science.
And for most of my year we have to do french for the Ebacc.
We then get to choose between History or Geography (Im choosing geography).

Finally, we get 1 subject option. I am really stuck between psychology and triple science. I am very good at science and I loved the psychology taster and i dont know what to do. Do i give up the chance of doing extra science to study psychology or do i do triple science to push myself as i am doing sciences at a-level? I am also considering doing both for a-level so could anyone tell me which is easier if you didnt do the gcse/learn triple science content. And any opinions on the subjects would be amazing.
Original post by Student4355
I am choosing my options very soon and have to submit them by the 30th march 2023. At my school compulsory are:
Maths
Combined science.

Finally, we get 1 subject option. I am really stuck between psychology and triple science. I am very good at science and I loved the psychology taster and i dont know what to do. Do i give up the chance of doing extra science to study psychology or do i do triple science to push myself as i am doing sciences at a-level? I am also considering doing both for a-level so could anyone tell me which is easier if you didnt do the gcse/learn triple science content. And any opinions on the subjects would be amazing.

I'm not sure if this is the case for your school but we didn't get psychology as a GCSE but then at A-level we could pick it. We just need a 7 7 in triple science, 7 in english and 7 in maths and many people i know enjoy it even though they are brand new to the subject.
If thats the case for you, i would do triple science because that creates a broader horizon .
Reply 2
Maths
Combined science.

i would do triple science if you want to do science at alevel! i know a few people at my school couldn't take biology alevel because they did combined science and everyone i know doing psych alevel only started it in year 12 and found it fine :smile:
Original post by TomokoRainMaker
I'm not sure if this is the case for your school but we didn't get psychology as a GCSE but then at A-level we could pick it. We just need a 7 7 in triple science, 7 in english and 7 in maths and many people i know enjoy it even though they are brand new to the subject.
If thats the case for you, i would do triple science because that creates a broader horizon .

Thank you!!! At my school they require 5s in English and maths I think for the a-level psychology. For the science courses we only have to do combined and get 66 or if we did triple then a 6 in whichever science were doing. I think i might want to take the opportunity to study something new but im gonna speak to my teachers tomorrow.
Original post by mh05
i would do triple science if you want to do science at alevel! i know a few people at my school couldn't take biology alevel because they did combined science and everyone i know doing psych alevel only started it in year 12 and found it fine :smile:

Thank you!!!!! I know a lot of the psych topics overlap at a-level.
Maths
Combined science.

Heya!
If you plan to do science-related alevels in the future then triple science would be helpful to have :h: You can always choose alvl psychology without having GCSE psychology. However, in the end, it's up to you!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind
Original post by StudyMind
Heya!
If you plan to do science-related alevels in the future then triple science would be helpful to have :h: You can always choose alvl psychology without having GCSE psychology. However, in the end, it's up to you!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Thank you!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest