The Student Room Group

Help deciding my firm choice

I applied for biomedical science and I cant decide between Kent, UWE Bristol and Keele.
Which one do you think could be the better one to choose? and why?
Also should I be worried about league tables?
Thank you!
Reply 1
Original post by Megan121212
I applied for biomedical science and I cant decide between Kent, UWE Bristol and Keele.
Which one do you think could be the better one to choose? and why?
Also should I be worried about league tables?
Thank you!

Have you visted any of the unis or campus?
Personally when deciding which one i wanted to choose i put them in to categories such as..
best course
best city
best nightlife
distance from home
expense of the city
categories like that to try and sort maybe which one i prefer, i ranked each uni in each category. For some subjects league tables don't matter but for others getting a job after some jobs may possibly look more favourable on certain unis.
At the end of the day choose the uni you think will suit you best.
Kent has a nice campus - there is some nice accomodation but there is also some bad accomodation - the town/city is nice but it is quite small
Bristol - Bristol is a really nice city / it has good night life, i actually nearly applied for UWE aswell but you will have to look at websites and league tables to see how good it is for your course
I dont know much about keele.
My advice if you get to go to any applicant days defo do that as it could help you to decide, or also look at some unis insta pages as that can show some things.
Hope this helps
Which course do you prefer?
Look at the optional units in all years of the course - which ones would you choose if you went there?
Do any of these have an opportunity for study abroad or a work placement - either adds to your graduate CV, especially a placement.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending