Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    In our light comedy way, we all call your lot "dirty tabs" but i was wondering if you actually had a name for us Oxonians?

ReputationRep:
    Do Tabs REALLY need a name for you lot?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    Do Tabs REALLY need a name for you lot?
    Hear hear... shows we are more noble then them

ReputationRep:
    We're a compassionate lot, and wouldn't dream of using derogatory nicknames to refer to those less fortunate than ourselves.

ReputationRep:
    On an individual basis, "God", or something along those lines. "Jesus" and "Oh wise and merciful one" are also acceptable.

At least I should hope so. Dirty tabs!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anchemis)
    Hear hear... shows we are more noble then them
    Seeing as neither of us are actually there, I think you should refrain from using the term "we".

ReputationRep:
    If Cantab -> Tab, then I guess Oxon -> On.

I fail to see how either word is offensive, but whatever.

ReputationRep:
    'a complete dump' - stephen fry/melchy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    'a complete dump' - stephen fry/melchy
    You lot don't even qualify to have a "dirty" name from the "dirty tabs". You lot aren't even in the same league. So, BUGGER OFF!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    You lot don't even qualify to have a "dirty" name from the "dirty tabs". You lot aren't even in the same league. So, BUGGER OFF!
    Good point, we're too busy taunting your superiors, Imperial, LSE and Hull.

ReputationRep:
    I think scum suffices nicely

ReputationRep:
    i personally just call it "the dark side".......rarely referring to any individuals there....they're all on big collective of second bests :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    i personally just call it "the dark side".......rarely referring to any individuals there....they're all on big collective of second bests :p:
    They are way behind Hull, how can they be second best? More like the two thousand five hundred and thirty-ninth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    They are way behind Hull, how can they be second best? More like the two thousand five hundred and thirty-ninth.
    oh... the jealousy really shines through there!

Ahh... poor tabs.. and their delusions...

ReputationRep:
    To go slightly off-topic, why is 'tab' supposed to be insulting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    Good point, we're too busy taunting your superiors, Imperial, LSE and Hull.
    ah, Hull, one of the greats...

Fishpaste, you are so cunning we could stick a tail on you and call you a weasel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by platinumki)
    Fishpaste, you are so cunning we could stick a tail on you and call you a weasel
    and for this comment, you can

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom Holder)
    In our light comedy way, we all call your lot "dirty tabs" but i was wondering if you actually had a name for us Oxonians?
    Hey I love your avatar!!!!

I call Oxford just Oxford people but if I ever manage to convince anyone to go Cambridge instead I say they're "converted" Lol! Well my friend's in love with Oxford so I can't hate Oxford - plus they do Fine Art! That'll always be one of Cambridge's down side for me personally

However you Oxford lot insulting Cambridge just shows how you're jealous of Cambridge! And why should you be jealous if there wasn't good reasons for it? :rolleyes: Hehe :aetsch:

Just kidding. Cambridge is my personal favourite, but I'm sure Oxford is cool too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irisng)
    Hey I love your avatar!!!!

I call Oxford just Oxford people but if I ever manage to convince anyone to go Cambridge instead I say they're "converted" Lol! Well my friend's in love with Oxford so I can't hate Oxford - plus they do Fine Art! That'll always be one of Cambridge's down side for me personally

However you Oxford lot insulting Cambridge just shows how you're jealous of Cambridge! And why should you be jealous if there wasn't good reasons for it? :rolleyes: Hehe :aetsch:

Just kidding. Cambridge is my personal favourite, but I'm sure Oxford is cool too
    According to your thread, Oxford IS cool, IYO.

ReputationRep:
    Lol :p: Well Oxford is the colleges look gorgeous - of the ones I saw on TSR anyway! - and it's an excellent uni and it does Fine Art!

I never said Oxford was COOLER than Cambridge though did I? :p:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.