This discussion is closed.
rmyl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by frost105)
Merry is nice but drunk is horrible.
i agree, its the worst when you're drunk, you lose all inhabitions and it can do havoc to your stomach.

i'd say, stay off the strong spirits to start off with. alcopops would be ok, or beer if you find you like the taste off it, not many girls do (at least to start off with).
frost105
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by razormylight)
i agree, its the worst when you're drunk, you lose all inhabitions and it can do havoc to your stomach.

i'd say, stay off the strong spirits to start off with. alcopops would be ok, or beer if you find you like the taste off it, not many girls do (at least to start off with).
Actually spirits are better than alcopops and beer as long as they are diluted well.
quadrocat
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Krysa)
ok, another q to you all...

Man this sounds rather crap,what's it like being drunk, I haven't lived:s

And don't say it's overrated, don't you guys brag about how you drink 50+ units a day?
I do drink a lot, but I'm not proud of it! I sort of have a problem more than anything.

Being drunk is like being very sleepy and only being half as intelligent as you normally are. And slightly more reckless as well. Oh and you can't control your limbs very well.
rmyl
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Actually spirits are better than alcopops and beer as long as they are diluted well.
yeah true, just make sure you're ordering singles not doubles by mistake. and don't mix spirits, thats pretty bad, as i found out one night. not a pretty sight in the morning :p:
frost105
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
yeah true, just make sure you're ordering singles not doubles by mistake. and don't mix spirits, thats pretty bad, as i found out one night. not a pretty sight in the morning :p:
I can handle mixing my spirits i cant handle mixing spirites with wine
rmyl
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I can handle mixing my spirits i cant handle mixing spirites with wine
hehe, i love wine, especially when with food. you're right spirits with wine though is not nice. it seems to curdle!!! :p:
quadrocat
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
vodka and beer is the worst for me
rmyl
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i suppose red square is pretty tame sometimes too. you'll definately be up most of the night!
KandyKane
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Krysa)
ok, another q to you all...

Man this sounds rather crap,what's it like being drunk, I haven't lived:s

And don't say it's overrated, don't you guys brag about how you drink 50+ units a day?
What´s it like? First you get a nice warm feeling in your stomach, then you start feeling more relaxed and maybe giggly. It´s really nice actually. Please don´t drink too much, you´re not used to the stuff yet. I think you´d be better off starting with cider or alcopops or maybe Bailey´s (yummy). If you want to drink "classier" beverages, wine might be a good idea, but remember it´s MUCH stronger than the aforementioned drinks (and the taste may put you off first). Good luck!
KandyKane
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
That´s true, neat spirits give the least hangover but I don´t think the taste is very nice for a beginner.
john !!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
beer is the worst because it is a diuretic so you lose more water. make sure you drink lots and lots of water when you get back or you'll regret it the next morning.
james101
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
what drink would be the best start for someone who doesnt really drink?

what was your first drink you had?
rmyl
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
my first drink was wine, but then i didn't like it very much. my first proper drink (the whole thing) was probably an alcopop
A0307
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mik1w)
beer is the worst because it is a diuretic so you lose more water. make sure you drink lots and lots of water when you get back or you'll regret it the next morning.
Alcohol is a diuretic, not just beer. That's one of the reasons you get hangovers.
quadrocat
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
My favourite hangover prevention method is to drink two pints of water before I go to sleep and take the ibuprofen straight away. It's not so bad in the morning then.
john !!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by calumc)
Alcohol is a diuretic, not just beer. That's one of the reasons you get hangovers.
oh. oops
rmyl
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i'm sure i read somewhere, that if you take ibuprofen/paracetamol regularly like that it poses more of a risk to your liver than the alcohol you drink
quadrocat
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i'm sure i read somewhere, that if you take ibuprofen/paracetamol regularly like that it poses more of a risk to your liver than the alcohol you drink
I know that. But if you take the painkillers before you go to sleep your headache isn't nearly so bad. It's just for the one night when you've drank too much, coffee helps as well. I wasn't saying take painkillers regularly.
rmyl
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by quadrocat)
I know that. But if you take the painkillers before you go to sleep your headache isn't nearly so bad. It's just for the one night when you've drank too much, coffee helps as well. I wasn't saying take painkillers regularly.
lol, no fair enough. just thought i'd say it in case you were.

i knew someone once who stayed up all night because she thought that meant she couldn't get a hangover because then there wouldn't be a morning after!!!!!
A0307
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm no medic but I'd have thought it wasn't a good idea to take things like paracetemol when you've got alcohol in your system, as it would take your liver a lot longer to process it because of all the alcohol it has to deal with. I could be wrong though.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (31)
25%
No (93)
75%

Watched Threads