The Student Room Group

Shall I help her ??

So met this girl and apparently she loves me. This is online BTW.

But she went through a lot in the pass and can't open her feelings to me.

She takes whatever I say she takes it seriously. I can't basically joke with her And she can't answer questions that are a bit more general. Basically personal. If we are in a relationship I think I m allowed to ask personal questions.

She says she will answer but later one.

I have told her I will improve her mental health issue if she works with me. It's gonna be hard but I am up for it.

I don't want 2 lose but should I still have a relationship with her.

Shall I still be in a relationship with her I do want to help her. Basically it's the Titanic film if u know what it's about.

I wanna help her but given she lives far and I won't see her until summer and if she doesn't commit then I see no point.

If she doesn't change anything but the end of April shall I end it.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 1
Any advise.
Reply 2
her mom took her phone away from her and she doesn't know when she will get it back.

I literally got no hopes that I can change it from a phone screen.

I also don't think I will have a comfortable relationship.
Reply 3
any advise???
Reply 4
It's nice that you want to help her, but there are too many issues here - firstly it's online and you don't seem to know much about her - the fact that it's all online doesn't help and makes this seem both strange and doesn't sound very real? A friendship would be alright as long as it's not too personal, because like I said you don't know if this person is who they say they are and it sounds even weirder with the fact that she says she loves you. The best thing for her is to seek therapy and work on her mental health rather than a relationship - you are not responsible for her mental health; it'd be great if you could support her as a friend and even that is a lot; but don't put yourself in a situation like pursuing a relationship, because as you said yourself it doesn't sound comfortable and it looks very one-sided anyway; the entire situation is very messy. It's better not to pursue a relationship with her, but I do hope she feels better soon.
Reply 5
Original post by Bean_cat
It's nice that you want to help her, but there are too many issues here - firstly it's online and you don't seem to know much about her - the fact that it's all online doesn't help and makes this seem both strange and doesn't sound very real? A friendship would be alright as long as it's not too personal, because like I said you don't know if this person is who they say they are and it sounds even weirder with the fact that she says she loves you. The best thing for her is to seek therapy and work on her mental health rather than a relationship - you are not responsible for her mental health; it'd be great if you could support her as a friend and even that is a lot; but don't put yourself in a situation like pursuing a relationship, because as you said yourself it doesn't sound comfortable and it looks very one-sided anyway; the entire situation is very messy. It's better not to pursue a relationship with her, but I do hope she feels better soon.

Thanks for your reply. IDK a what to do she says all these things like hugs and love stuff. I don’t want 2 let her go.

let alone her mum messaging last night who am I
Original post by zayn_24
Thanks for your reply. IDK a what to do she says all these things like hugs and love stuff. I don’t want 2 let her go.

let alone her mum messaging last night who am I

U rlly need to know more about her and if she isn't opening up then how can u guys date???
I do know it's hard to let someone go just did that a few days ago but like if she doesn't open up she can hide a lot of stuff from u which may in the future be dangerous for Ur guys relationship.

Ik it's very sweet of a person giving hugs and love hearts to u (who u met online)but sometimes that person can be a whole different person behind that screen ngl. And u won't know them until u guys properly talk bout personal stuff and trust each other.

So I suggest when she gets her phone back and stuff, u have to tell her, if u want to date we need to know more about eachother.

Bout her mental health, if u want to help in that then that's is Really kind of u. But I do say if gets worse then I advice to seek medical advice. Or like see a therapist or smth.

Also what did u say to her mum and what happened next??
Original post by zayn_24
Basically it's the Titanic film if u know what it's about.

Is that the one about the train? Or was it a plane? I forget.
thread moved to Relationships

Quick Reply

Latest