The Student Room Group

Tiffin Girls' Sixth Form

Hello! I'm currently in year 11 and applying to tiffing girls'sixth form to study eng lit,history, drama/theatre and psychology. I got an offer, and would like to go there but I am still unsure and have a few worries.

1) Are there any black people there? I myself am black but I haven't seen much African or Carribbean representation from the school and I am scared I will be bullied or discriminated against.

2) is it actually a good school academically?

3) what is the environment and school like? Are the students and teachers nice? What would an average day look like?

4) what is the system with offers? How are they given out and how are you admitted, on which basis? Besides predicted grades?

Thank you so much.
Hi,
Im currently in year 11 at tiffin and I can answer some of your questions!
1)There arent that many black people in year 11 (3 that I know) HOWEVER you have literally no need to worry about discrimination or bullying because of your ethnicity.One of the great things abou tiffin is that it is very inclusive and i have never heard of anyone being discriminated against or bullied because of their skin colour.In general over half the population of the school are from an asian background and it is a very diverse school.There are lots of different ethnic groups with only about 5/30 people in my form being white-british so you will have no problems with racial prejudice!
2)its a good school but some of the teaching isnt neccecarily thhe best (maths and physics) but it does really well so if you have an offer im sure you will do great
3)Its a nice environment BUT it can be a bit patronising with activities like house stuff and school birthay being a bit weird.There are lots of nice people but some people are a bit weird as is at any school.The teachers are nice but can get a bit fussy over things like skirt length but that will be different in sixth form(i hope so)A normal school day would be get to school at 8:30
.8:30-8:30 form time.
8:50-10:50 periods 1 and 2.
10:50-11:15-break
11:15:12:15-period 3
12:15-1:15-lunch
1:15-3:15-periods 4 and 5
i think in sixth form you get 1 free a day apart from pshe on wednesday and in year 13 you get 2 frees a day
4)im not sure but it should be on the website
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
Original post by user2836
Hi,
Im currently in year 11 at tiffin and I can answer some of your questions!
1)There arent that many black people in year 11 (3 that I know) HOWEVER you have literally no need to worry about discrimination or bullying because of your ethnicity.One of the great things abou tiffin is that it is very inclusive and i have never heard of anyone being discriminated against or bullied because of their skin colour.In general over half the population of the school are from an asian background and it is a very diverse school.There are lots of different ethnic groups with only about 5/30 people in my form being white-british so you will have no problems with racial prejudice!
2)its a good school but some of the teaching isnt neccecarily thhe best (maths and physics) but it does really well so if you have an offer im sure you will do great
3)Its a nice environment BUT it can be a bit patronising with activities like house stuff and school birthay being a bit weird.There are lots of nice people but some people are a bit weird as is at any school.The teachers are nice but can get a bit fussy over things like skirt length but that will be different in sixth form(i hope so)A normal school day would be get to school at 8:30
.8:30-8:30 form time.
8:50-10:50 periods 1 and 2.
10:50-11:15-break
11:15:12:15-period 3
12:15-1:15-lunch
1:15-3:15-periods 4 and 5
i think in sixth form you get 1 free a day apart from pshe on wednesday and in year 13 you get 2 frees a day
4)im not sure but it should be on the website

Thank you so much! What you said was really helpful. Can't wait to see you next year if you also applied to the 6th form :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending