Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What's a good lnat score?

ReputationRep:
    Well, considering that the national average is 13, Id say anything 13 and over is very good, especially since most of the candidates are of AAA/AAB calibre. 16+ is probably very good in my opinion, but bearing in mind that this is the pilot year, nobody knows how universities have used this information anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't the LNAT just like a nuclear bomb? If you give people the technology, you can't expect them to use it in a nice friendly way. Basically the LNAT has allowed good universities to take the easy route by selecting candidates solely based on their LNAT score. (*cough* Durham...)
    What's the fairness in that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skitzoslugg)
    Isn't the LNAT just like a nuclear bomb? If you give people the technology, you can't expect them to use it in a nice friendly way. Basically the LNAT has allowed good universities to take the easy route by selecting candidates solely based on their LNAT score. (*cough* Durham...)
    How comes they bothered to offer me a place then? I got 12 on the LNAT!! Far from good compared to what people have on this forum...i think your jumping the bandwagon a little We are yet far from the American system of selection or even preselection using so called, 'aptitude' tests...

ReputationRep:
    I know someone with 14 who got rejected...and there are other people here with even higher LNAT marks who got rejected from Durham too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Godmaster)
    How comes they bothered to offer me a place then? I got 12 on the LNAT!! Far from good compared to what people have on this forum...i think your jumping the bandwagon a little We are yet far from the American system of selection or even preselection using so called, 'aptitude' tests...
    perhaps but as far as I can see it LNAT has pretty much screwed up my life because I've got in to nowhere! ie I'm going to have to reapply (and not in Law because I'm not gonna take my chances again) and I'll have to pay top-up fees
    do you think it's fair to accept people on the basis of the LNAT when there is only 1 mark in it?!

ReputationRep:
    i would have thought that they would take the average of everyone who took the lnat this year.

ReputationRep:
    perhaps but as far as I can see it LNAT has pretty much screwed up my life because I've got in to nowhere! ie I'm going to have to reapply (and not in Law because I'm not gonna take my chances again) and I'll have to pay top-up fees
    do you think it's fair to accept people on the basis of the LNAT when there is only 1 mark in it?!
    I feel for you- I mean my grades aren't a patch on yours, but it is pathetic how harshly the LNAT unis are using the test- someone at Durham said to my form tutor [complaining about the rejection of another student] 'well the LNAT has completely altered the cohort selected'-surely this should send alarm bells ringing?

I'm still waiting for UCL and Bristol, but if I don't get either of them I too will have to reapply and I don't want to take my chances with LNAT either.

ReputationRep:
    Even with your ABB offer from Uni of Nottingham! lol. I would kill for just an offer from them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by london_bum)
    I know someone with 14 who got rejected...and there are other people here with even higher LNAT marks who got rejected from Durham too.
    Yeah, I hear that. They rejected me with a 3A prediction and a 19 on the LNAT. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe Durham draw it out of a hat like Manchester

ReputationRep:
    Hehe! Manchester rejected me in OCTOBER!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonathanH)
    Hehe! Manchester rejected me in OCTOBER!
    What were your GCSEs like?

Mind, Manchester did reject someone on here with 9a*.

Out of interest [because it seems a surprisingly common view, which I am bit blinded to living so close to Notts] is it really your choice over Bristol and if so why?

ReputationRep:
    5 A*
    4 A
    2 B

And yeah, Nottingham is my choice over Bristol. Mostly because of the course, partly because I prefer Nottingham as a place, partly because I liked the Uni more in general. I'm not quite sure what it is, but when I visited Birmingham and Bristol I wasn't exactly enamoured with them, but Nottingham just seemed to.. I'm not sure.. fit? Heh, I guess it's one of those things you can't quite put your finger on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonathanH)
    5 A*
    4 A
    2 B

And yeah, Nottingham is my choice over Bristol. Mostly because of the course, partly because I prefer Nottingham as a place, partly because I liked the Uni more in general. I'm not quite sure what it is, but when I visited Birmingham and Bristol I wasn't exactly enamoured with them, but Nottingham just seemed to.. I'm not sure.. fit? Heh, I guess it's one of those things you can't quite put your finger on.
    Indeed- Notts is a great city, and I'm sure you'll have a great time. I'm praying for Bristol but kind of worried that quite a few of my friends havent liked it as much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    Maybe Durham draw it out of a hat like Manchester
    I think a lot of people have a personal vendetta against the Manchester Law School now...heehee!

Answering the topic in question - personally I feel that anything 15 and above is a v.good score

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IECS)
    What's a good lnat score?
    23.. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wild thing)
    fool. the highest was 21 in the whole country

ReputationRep:
    um but noone got 23, or are you saying that noone did well or something i dont understand..... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    You talk crap. For a start you're from 'Barcelona' so wouldn't take the lnat. And if you did take the test you're lying about your score. The highest score was 21, as has been proclaimed. Judging by the general calibre of your posts, you couldn't score that even if you'd read an LNAT guide mate.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 6, 2005

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.