This discussion is closed.
IECS
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
What's a good lnat score?
TheSun
Report 15 years ago
Well, considering that the national average is 13, Id say anything 13 and over is very good, especially since most of the candidates are of AAA/AAB calibre. 16+ is probably very good in my opinion, but bearing in mind that this is the pilot year, nobody knows how universities have used this information anyway.
skitzoslugg
Report 15 years ago
Isn't the LNAT just like a nuclear bomb? If you give people the technology, you can't expect them to use it in a nice friendly way. Basically the LNAT has allowed good universities to take the easy route by selecting candidates solely based on their LNAT score. (*cough* Durham...)
What's the fairness in that?
Godmaster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by skitzoslugg)
Isn't the LNAT just like a nuclear bomb? If you give people the technology, you can't expect them to use it in a nice friendly way. Basically the LNAT has allowed good universities to take the easy route by selecting candidates solely based on their LNAT score. (*cough* Durham...)
How comes they bothered to offer me a place then? I got 12 on the LNAT!! Far from good compared to what people have on this forum...i think your jumping the bandwagon a little We are yet far from the American system of selection or even preselection using so called, 'aptitude' tests...
london_bum
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I know someone with 14 who got rejected...and there are other people here with even higher LNAT marks who got rejected from Durham too.
skitzoslugg
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Godmaster)
How comes they bothered to offer me a place then? I got 12 on the LNAT!! Far from good compared to what people have on this forum...i think your jumping the bandwagon a little We are yet far from the American system of selection or even preselection using so called, 'aptitude' tests...
perhaps but as far as I can see it LNAT has pretty much screwed up my life because I've got in to nowhere! ie I'm going to have to reapply (and not in Law because I'm not gonna take my chances again) and I'll have to pay top-up fees
do you think it's fair to accept people on the basis of the LNAT when there is only 1 mark in it?!
Cellardore
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i would have thought that they would take the average of everyone who took the lnat this year.
tomcoolinguk
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
perhaps but as far as I can see it LNAT has pretty much screwed up my life because I've got in to nowhere! ie I'm going to have to reapply (and not in Law because I'm not gonna take my chances again) and I'll have to pay top-up fees
do you think it's fair to accept people on the basis of the LNAT when there is only 1 mark in it?!
I feel for you- I mean my grades aren't a patch on yours, but it is pathetic how harshly the LNAT unis are using the test- someone at Durham said to my form tutor [complaining about the rejection of another student] 'well the LNAT has completely altered the cohort selected'-surely this should send alarm bells ringing?

I'm still waiting for UCL and Bristol, but if I don't get either of them I too will have to reapply and I don't want to take my chances with LNAT either.
Aj2003
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Even with your ABB offer from Uni of Nottingham! lol. I would kill for just an offer from them!
Longshoredrift80
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by london_bum)
I know someone with 14 who got rejected...and there are other people here with even higher LNAT marks who got rejected from Durham too.
Yeah, I hear that. They rejected me with a 3A prediction and a 19 on the LNAT. :confused:
Onearmedbandit
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Maybe Durham draw it out of a hat like Manchester
Longshoredrift80
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hehe! Manchester rejected me in OCTOBER!
tomcoolinguk
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by JonathanH)
Hehe! Manchester rejected me in OCTOBER!
What were your GCSEs like?

Mind, Manchester did reject someone on here with 9a*.

Out of interest [because it seems a surprisingly common view, which I am bit blinded to living so close to Notts] is it really your choice over Bristol and if so why?
Longshoredrift80
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
5 A*
4 A
2 B

And yeah, Nottingham is my choice over Bristol. Mostly because of the course, partly because I prefer Nottingham as a place, partly because I liked the Uni more in general. I'm not quite sure what it is, but when I visited Birmingham and Bristol I wasn't exactly enamoured with them, but Nottingham just seemed to.. I'm not sure.. fit? Heh, I guess it's one of those things you can't quite put your finger on.
tomcoolinguk
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by JonathanH)
5 A*
4 A
2 B

And yeah, Nottingham is my choice over Bristol. Mostly because of the course, partly because I prefer Nottingham as a place, partly because I liked the Uni more in general. I'm not quite sure what it is, but when I visited Birmingham and Bristol I wasn't exactly enamoured with them, but Nottingham just seemed to.. I'm not sure.. fit? Heh, I guess it's one of those things you can't quite put your finger on.
Indeed- Notts is a great city, and I'm sure you'll have a great time. I'm praying for Bristol but kind of worried that quite a few of my friends havent liked it as much!
~ o ~
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Onearmedbandit)
Maybe Durham draw it out of a hat like Manchester
I think a lot of people have a personal vendetta against the Manchester Law School now...heehee!

Answering the topic in question - personally I feel that anything 15 and above is a v.good score
Wild Thing
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by IECS)
What's a good lnat score?
23.. :rolleyes:
Wings_cp
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by wild thing)
fool. the highest was 21 in the whole country
emily87
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
um but noone got 23, or are you saying that noone did well or something i dont understand..... :confused:
HereFishyFishy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
You talk crap. For a start you're from 'Barcelona' so wouldn't take the lnat. And if you did take the test you're lying about your score. The highest score was 21, as has been proclaimed. Judging by the general calibre of your posts, you couldn't score that even if you'd read an LNAT guide mate.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (177)
38.31%
Take autumn exams (143)
30.95%
Look for a job (16)
3.46%
Consider an apprenticeship (21)
4.55%
Take a year out (77)
16.67%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (28)
6.06%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed