This discussion is closed.
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Laces)
You talk crap. For a start you're from 'Barcelona' so wouldn't take the lnat. And if you did take the test you're lying about your score. The highest score was 21, as has been proclaimed. Judging by the general calibre of your posts, you couldn't score that even if you'd read an LNAT guide mate.
I could conceivably trim my stubble on that rejoinder: mettlesome, indeed.
annabellewalter
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I certainly think the person who lies about their LNAT score needs to look in mirror. There are better ways to score street cred. Laces. I could not have put it better myself.
Onearmedbandit
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
But 23 would be a good score nonetheless...
Wild Thing
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Laces)
You talk crap. For a start you're from 'Barcelona' so wouldn't take the lnat. And if you did take the test you're lying about your score. The highest score was 21, as has been proclaimed. Judging by the general calibre of your posts, you couldn't score that even if you'd read an LNAT guide mate.
DID I EVER SAY I GOT 23????
DO YOU PEOPLE KNOW THE MEANING OF SARCASM???
AND JUST COZ I'M FROM 'Barcelona' as you put it soooo well, AND I could have taken the lnat. So mr/ms Laces, which ever you are, I would look closer into posts before talking **** and pretending to be the best.
And did I ever say, Oh Superior One, that the highest score wasn't 21???
ANd please elaborate your point on the 'general calibre' of my posts...I bet I get higher grades than you and even if i wouldn't what would make you superior to me?
Oh and by the way...sign your negative reps instead of just puttin incoherent and fictional content.
idiot.
Wild Thing
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by annabellewalter)
I certainly think the person who lies about their LNAT score needs to look in mirror. There are better ways to score street cred. Laces. I could not have put it better myself.
loooooooooooool :rofl: :rofl:
I didnt even take the lnat, I just took the Oxford Law Test that's all.
You people are so touchy on this subject, its really funny
HollyBible
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Onearmedbandit)
But 23 would be a good score nonetheless...
Sounds like a cricket score to me :aetsch:
HereFishyFishy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by wild thing)
DID I EVER SAY I GOT 23????
DO YOU PEOPLE KNOW THE MEANING OF SARCASM???
AND JUST COZ I'M FROM 'Barcelona' as you put it soooo well, AND I could have taken the lnat. So mr/ms Laces, which ever you are, I would look closer into posts before talking **** and pretending to be the best.
And did I ever say, Oh Superior One, that the highest score wasn't 21???
ANd please elaborate your point on the 'general calibre' of my posts...I bet I get higher grades than you and even if i wouldn't what would make you superior to me?
Oh and by the way...sign your negative reps instead of just puttin incoherent and fictional content.
idiot.
Oh dear, looks like I hit a nerve there.
Hmmm...you seem to have a thing for the number 23. Not only do you indicate that you believe 23 to be a 'good' score on the LNAT, (obviously quite an irrational judgement in the context of this thread when you consider the actual range of scores) you also registered it as your LNAT score on the Poll thread. So, yes, effectively you did suggest that you got 23.

Perhaps you only registered that vote to view the poll results? I predict that to be your response to this post. You should've clicked on the 'View poll results' section, to the bottom right of the poll shouldn't you, you silly muffin? All these prospective A-levels (6 I believe?) and no common sense; kids today.

I did very well in my A-levels thank you very much and am currently enjoying the study of Law at university. If we're going to get all petty and go down the 'I have more/better A-levels than you' track, please come back to me when you've recieved your offers/A-grades/key skills English and then we'll talk Turkey.

Thanks now, Ms Laces (first name Superior)
Wild Thing
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Laces)
Oh dear, looks live I hit a nerve there.
Hmmm...you seem to have a thing for the number 23. Not only do you indicate that you believe 23 to be a 'good' score on the LNAT, (obviously quite an irrational judgement in the context of this thread when you consider the actual range of scores) you also registered it as your LNAT score on the Poll thread. So, yes, effectively you did suggest that you got 23.

Perhaps you only registered that vote to view the poll results? I predict that to be your response to this post. You should've clicked on the 'View poll results' section, to the bottom right of the poll shouldn't you, you silly muffin? All these prospective A-levels (6 I believe?) and no common sense; kids today.

I did very well in my A-levels thank you very much and am currently enjoying the study of Law at university. If we're going to get all petty and go down the 'I have more/better A-levels than you' track, please come back to me when you've recieved your offers/A-grades/key skills English and then we'll talk Turkey.

#

Of course, by all means. I shall greatly enjoy that conversation. And I DO hope that my English skills will have improved by then enough to suit your Majesty.
I shall not stoop to that level of 'I get better grades than you' because frankly I couldn't care less! :confused:
AS you pointed out so well, I DID put 23 as the highest score was 21 I believe, and nobody got 23 and so do not know why the thread started included 23 as it is impossible. THerefore for the irony's sake and for just a laugh, I did effectievely put 23. If I was aware that some people would take is so personally, I would have most definaltey not voted 23.
THank you very much but I am well aware where the 'view poll result' is and can find it without your help. But thanks anyways, it's the thought that counts. :rolleyes:
I hope that I was able to enlighten you on this incident.
I do hope that your course is going well at univerisity.
Wild Thing
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
and yes, if someone would have obtained 23 on their lnat, it WOULD be a damn pretty good score!!!!
jamiepuk17
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by wild thing)
and yes, if someone would have obtained 23 on their lnat, it WOULD be a damn pretty good score!!!!
No one got 23, check this out:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/4230881.stm

Basically, they think most of us are hopeless
Wild Thing
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jamiepuk17)
No one got 23, check this out:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/4230881.stm

Basically, they think most of us are hopeless
I know hun
please look at my last post where i DID say i put 23 because i knew nobody got it :rolleyes:
And also note the 'WOULD' in my last post too.

I never thought people would get offended by THIS..surely a bit of sarcasm can't help anyone :confused: :confused:

So the person that neg repped me because of my 23 answer :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :bird: can at least apologies for having unjustly repped me :rolleyes:
dokebi
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Phew... hot argument here...
I wouldn't really wanna get involved but,
I want to give my opinion as a general reader:

When I read the initial post by wildthing saying '...23', I perceived that it was only a suggestion of a 'good score'. Not an untruthful statement.
This was because,

1. I saw Wildthing in many, many threads posting her messages, thus for someone who is such a keen member of TSR, missing out the thread about the fascinating BBC report on 21 being the highest... seemed just absurd.
Therefore it lead me to think that she knew 21 was the highest, but just put down 23.. maybe as a joke, or an honest opinion of a 'good score'.

2. In the initial post, Wildthing actually quoted: 'What is a good lnat score?' by IECs, then answered '...23'. From this, to me, it followed that she answered the question, in a perfectly reasonable way, by giving a 'good score' that she considered 'good'. Seriously, who would argue that 23/24 is not a good score? I think it would have been impossible to draw a solid conclusion from her initial post that she had actually got 23.

I was really shocked reading the last messages in the thread. Wonder why Laces took it so seriously. Even if somebody was lying about their scores... I don't think it really affects anyone...? You know, some people in the TSR could be lying that they got.. say 16, but really they got 10. But that is not caught out. And whatever score people get, it doesn't affect anyone. Because the LNAT Universities know the real score. C'mon~ relax and calm down a bit people.

By the way,
I say the things I say above with some lack of information:
Wildthing, what do you mean by 'THerefore for the irony's sake and for just a laugh, I did effectievely put 23.' in your earlier post? Did you actually register your vote as 23 on the Poll thread?

And, Laces, er.. how do you know that Wildthing registered her vote as 23?
I CANNOT see from this thread, and the Poll thread, that Wildthing has directly lied that she got 23. So are there any other evidence that support such claim?

Another thing is that Laces has argued, labelling 23 as 'good' is irrational. Well, this depends on what you take the meaning of 'good' as. I thought it was a just general meaning - anything good, e.g. 16 and above (as such is my opinion). Er... nobody in TSR actually specified (or has the ultimate authority to specify) that for example, 20-24 = excellent, 16-19 = very good, 13-15 = good, etc, etc.

Well, here was an account of a general reader.

I hope the fire doesn't spread over to me though....
swami
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Who cares. You are all arrogant prats who get worked up over things that have happened in the past and that you have no control over, ie the lnat.

Some of you guys should read ur posts back to yourself. 'My a level scores were great...' 'You couldnt even score that if you had taken the lnat...' etc Get over yourself people.
Wings_cp
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Dam

I agree with you

Get over yourselves

at the end of the day

A levels dont make lawyers
LNAT doesnt make lawyers
Even universities dont. We've all seem exceptions to the "only oxbridge"+ "golden triangle" rules.. which are all utterly crap

Youre as good as the way you perform your task.. which should be blindingly obvious.

Wild thing.. just shut up for your own sake.. If theyre wrong about you.. let them be.. do you really care?

And for the rest of you. Stop wasting your time with him, if you think he's lying fine. Make your point and move on. Proving him wrong wont do any good.. which you cant do.
Just to piss on ur parade.. altho u try to judge him by objective means, in order to show his true fault by being an arse and lying to look big. You wont be able to. How can u when this is all subjective and u will never know if this is why he lied? Its all speculation. I would know, I screwed up my law interview at Cambridge doing it.

I read this thread looking for some interesting arguments.. cos normally there are some clever ppl here with views I like to read. This was a waste of my time. stop wasting yours
Onearmedbandit
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think I said the most intelligent thing on this thread so far
klassi myrene
Report 14 years ago
wow.
arguments occur in all places, dont they?
The power of the tongue (in this case... typing?!) is immeasurable.

Lets all 4give and 4get!

btw
you are very intelligent! you recognised you said the most intelligent thing!
I adore you for that!
Onearmedbandit
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by klassi myrene)
wow.
arguments occur in all places, dont they?
The power of the tongue (in this case... typing?!) is immeasurable.

Lets all 4give and 4get!

btw
you are very intelligent! you recognised you said the most intelligent thing!
I adore you for that!
Good

May I have one of your offers?
Wild Thing
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by dokebi)
1. I saw Wildthing in many, many threads posting her messages, thus for someone who is such a keen member of TSR, missing out the thread about the fascinating BBC report on 21 being the highest... seemed just absurd.
Therefore it lead me to think that she knew 21 was the highest, but just put down 23.. maybe as a joke, or an honest opinion of a 'good score'.

2. In the initial post, Wildthing actually quoted: 'What is a good lnat score?' by IECs, then answered '...23'. From this, to me, it followed that she answered the question, in a perfectly reasonable way, by giving a 'good score' that she considered 'good'. Seriously, who would argue that 23/24 is not a good score? I think it would have been impossible to draw a solid conclusion from her initial post that she had actually got 23.

I was really shocked reading the last messages in the thread. Wonder why Laces took it so seriously. Even if somebody was lying about their scores... I don't think it really affects anyone...? You know, some people in the TSR could be lying that they got.. say 16, but really they got 10. But that is not caught out. And whatever score people get, it doesn't affect anyone. Because the LNAT Universities know the real score. C'mon~ relax and calm down a bit people.
wow i think ill rep you for that :p:...yeah I NEVER said i got 23, in fact i actually said that I didn't sit the LNAT. And yes, i think that 23/24 is a great score! AND i put 23 as, knowing that hte highest score was 21, why would hte thread started include 23 as an option?? :confused:
anyways, tahnks Dokebi
P1mP
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Laces)
Oh dear, looks like I hit a nerve there.

LOSER! get a life...and what kinda name is 'laces' neway..u got issues with shoes or sumat?
aqeel1101
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by P1mP)
u got issues with shoes or sumat?
LLLOOOLLL....sorry immature nonetheless very funny :aetsch:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bradford
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate Open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Oct '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (65)
23.13%
No (216)
76.87%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise