The Student Room Group

What does "=50% National Diploma" mean on my BTEC certificate? (CV question)

The first line in my certificate says:

"PEARSON BTEC LEVEL 3 90-CREDIT DIPLOMA (=50% NATIONAL DIP.) in ART AND DESIGN (QCF)"

I'm a little confused about what this 50% National Diploma part means, to my understanding I ended up getting D*D* from this BTEC course, but now that I'm working on my CV, I'm not sure what value this National Diploma part has. Do I just proceed with including my D*D* grade, or should I also mention the National Diploma in my CV as well?
Original post by tantan2
The first line in my certificate says:

"PEARSON BTEC LEVEL 3 90-CREDIT DIPLOMA (=50% NATIONAL DIP.) in ART AND DESIGN (QCF)"

I'm a little confused about what this 50% National Diploma part means, to my understanding I ended up getting D*D* from this BTEC course, but now that I'm working on my CV, I'm not sure what value this National Diploma part has. Do I just proceed with including my D*D* grade, or should I also mention the National Diploma in my CV as well?

I wouldn't mention the "=50% NATIONAL DIP." bit, personally, because I think it's both confusing and misleading.

Take a look at this page to see the different BTEC Nationals which were available under the old QCF regime. Take a look at how many UCAS points a D*D* in 90-credit Diploma would earn you. Now take a look at how many UCAS points a D*D* in a Diploma would earn you.

Does a 90-credit Diploma seem like 50% of a Diploma to you? No, it doesn't to me either.
Reply 2
Thank you so much for the help!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending