The Student Room Group

A-Level combinations

Hi :smile: I’ve originally picked History, Psychology and Religious Studies as my a-levels but have started struggling with my history grade and am considering sociology as i’m achieving higher doing my GCSE course. My predicted GCSE history grade is 5, whereas sociology is a 6. I was just wondering for advice as to whether i should stick with a stronger a-level or replace it with a weaker one.
Original post by geo1123
Hi :smile: I’ve originally picked History, Psychology and Religious Studies as my a-levels but have started struggling with my history grade and am considering sociology as i’m achieving higher doing my GCSE course. My predicted GCSE history grade is 5, whereas sociology is a 6. I was just wondering for advice as to whether i should stick with a stronger a-level or replace it with a weaker one.

Depends what you wanna do after.. what industry do you wanna get into, what uni? Some uni courses require specific courses so have a look
Reply 2
Original post by unknownh_10
Depends what you wanna do after.. what industry do you wanna get into, what uni? Some uni courses require specific courses so have a look

i’m stuck between law and psychology and i’ve looked into requirements for both in a few unis and there isn’t a strong preference as long as there’s an essay based subject for law and a science subject for psychology
Original post by geo1123
i’m stuck between law and psychology and i’ve looked into requirements for both in a few unis and there isn’t a strong preference as long as there’s an essay based subject for law and a science subject for psychology

Hmm I would personally go for history and try to improve my grade, if I know I can. If not I would stick with something I know I’m likely to achieve higher in and I achieve better in. You could also consider Politics/Economics? Or even law as an a level, even tho i heard unis prefer u not studying it at a level.
Also fyi, my friend is doing a Level psychology and it s a lot of damn content. She usually gets As and A*s, but she s getting mainly Bs in psychology.
So prepare yourself hahah

Quick Reply

Latest