Turn on thread page Beta

have u finished A-levels and r unsure wot corse to take at uni? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    Ive finished my a-levels and got 3 A's in biology maths and psychology.
    i was going to do pychology degree but have chosen not to. i was then thinkin of medicine but its too late to apply for entry 2004 (as some unis dont require chemistry). Is ne1 else in the same boat? i really wan do a degree that is specific to one job because i dont want to waste 3 yrs and do an irrelevent job. does ne1 know wot degrees i could do with the a-levels i have that wud lead to a specific job. Thankyou .

ReputationRep:
    If you studied something like human biology you would have a huge range of career options open to you. Many human bio grads end up working within the nhs or in some kind of lab tech role.

If you want to do medicine you will need quite a lot of relevant work experience before you will get in. If i was you, i would take on a fast track chemistry a-level, get some medical work experiecnce, get a part time job to save some money and then apply for to the med schools for 2005 entry.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by smileoftheyear)
    Hey
    i was going to do pychology degree but have chosen not to. i was then thinkin of medicine but its too late to apply for entry 2004 (as some unis dont require chemistry). Is ne1 else in the same boat? i really wan do a degree that is specific to one job because i dont want to waste 3 yrs and do an irrelevent job. does ne1 know wot degrees i could do with the a-levels i have that wud lead to a specific job. Thankyou .
    What grades did you get?

Have you looked into medicine-related courses. It's not just nursing, it's also nutrition, audiology, opthalmology, prosthetics/orthotics, physiotherapy, radiotherapy/radiology, occupational therapy. And a large number of these come with NHS funding so you pay no course fees and come out with a guaranteed job and a degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    What grades did you get?

Have you looked into medicine-related courses. It's not just nursing, it's also nutrition, audiology, opthalmology, prosthetics/orthotics, physiotherapy, radiotherapy/radiology, occupational therapy. And a large number of these come with NHS funding so you pay no course fees and come out with a guaranteed job and a degree.
    I got 3 A's in bio, maths and psychology

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    I got 3 A's in bio, maths and psychology
    Dur...sorry long day and I'm working in the other windows.

With those grades you should be able to get onto the more competetive of the medicine-related courses (ie the audiology/opthalmology/nutritions rather than the physio and OT).
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    http://www.nhscareers.nhs.uk/careers/ahp/index.html might give you some medicine related ideas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    http://www.nhscareers.nhs.uk/careers/ahp/index.html might give you some medicine related ideas.
    thankyou

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.