This discussion is closed.
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lame)
well that doesnt sound like your popular cause they're your mates, but cause they're using you.
thats like most high schools. Then again im only returning the favour coz i ask them for loads of stuff for my phone.
Makavelli_07
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I don't mean to blow my own trumpet, but i guess i'm popular. I was always one of those people at school that everyone knew about and looked up to. Didn't really think much of it until i won Prom King, which i was proud of.

I have a very good group of close friends, say 10 or so, who i spend most of my time with.
Cellardore
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
at the current school i'm at, i can honstly say i have about 3 i trust. Everyone else is either too far up their own arse or i generally dislike.
There are some right aholes at my school atm- mainly girls who just don't think about other people's feelings.
Dude
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm a bit of a loser but with a few gd mates. But it is amazing how many people know my name in my local town. People just shout "Alright Ste" and I'll just wave back thinking "Who the hell are you?"
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
I'm a bit of a loser but with a few gd mates. But it is amazing how many people know my name in my local town. People just shout "Alright Ste" and I'll just wave back thinking "Who the hell are you?"
i bet you lie :eek: you probably walk around with a massive gang of people
Cellardore
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
But it is amazing how many people know my name in my local town. People just shout "Alright Ste" and I'll just wave back thinking "Who the hell are you?"
lol i've had that. There's this guy at my school who i had never spoken to (not in any of his classes or anything) and he knew my name- i was like, what the hell, are you some sort of stalker freak or something
Clodagh
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Quality beats quantity!
Dude
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by eric bischoff)
i bet you lie :eek: you probably walk around with a massive gang of people
With me though, I have about 2 best mates, 3 really good friends and loads of friends of friends (can't spell the word)
Dude
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Cellardore)
lol i've had that. There's this guy at my school who i had never spoken to (not in any of his classes or anything) and he knew my name- i was like, what the hell, are you some sort of stalker freak or something
Theres this Liverpool player (I can't believe I've forgotten his name) who is from my local town and he was in the year above my older sister. And when she went to my local (and rather rubbish) nightclub, he was in there. And he knew who she was. It was quite amazing that this famous Liverpool player knew who my sister was when he hasn't seen her in nearly 5 years.
F. Poste
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
When I was writing the guest list for my party and realised that there were about 60 people on it, I guess I realised that I like and am liked by more people than I thought
Cellardore
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
Theres this Liverpool player (I can't believe I've forgotten his name) who is from my local town and he was in the year above my older sister. And when she went to my local (and rather rubbish) nightclub, he was in there. And he knew who she was. It was quite amazing that this famous Liverpool player knew who my sister was when he hasn't seen her in nearly 5 years.
wow, she must have been quite flattered!
i'm always impressed when someone actually knows my name without me actually introducing myself (great way to score brownie points)
Elles
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by F. Poste)
When I was writing the guest list for my party and realised that there were about 60 people on it, I guess I realised that I like and am liked by more people than I thought
& you're a rapidly becomming famous journo remember..

as for me.. popular, pfff.. i have a decent group of close friends, then lots of people i chat to & very very few i dislike in my college. although i was once told by someone i vaguely knew that i was part of a 'celebrity couple' ahem..
Dude
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
wow, she must have been quite flattered!
i'm always impressed when someone actually knows my name without me actually introducing myself (great way to score brownie points)
So how popular would you say you were on here (which was I thought the point of this thread was until I read a few posts)
Cellardore
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
So how popular would you say you were on here (which was I thought the point of this thread was until I read a few posts)
i don't know how other people percieve me, but i personally think i'm not popular at all- It depends who i'm with- i can have a real laugh with people i know well, but be as boring as hell with people i don't
Dude
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i don't know how other people percieve me, but i personally think i'm not popular at all- It depends who i'm with- i can have a real laugh with people i know well, but be as boring as hell with people i don't
I know what my positen is here. I am just one of those names that people reconise. I've been here just over a year and I just talk to random people alot. My closest mates though are/were Ellie4, Acaila, Wiwarin and Eric on occasion .
Cellardore
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
I know what my positen is here. I am just one of those names that people reconise. I've been here just over a year and I just talk to random people alot. My closest mates though are/were Ellie4, Acaila, Wiwarin and Eric on occasion .
i don't have any 'close' friends on here- don't really know anyone well enough tbh
but i think the more posts you read from others, the more easier it is to bulid a picture of them.
Onearmedbandit
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
On the one hand, I have very, VERY few close friends. On the other, everybody knows who I am (not in a bad way :p: ).

No idea. But the phone never rings for me if that's an indication.
magiccarpet
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i cant really say. i spend about 10 hrs on the fone per month hence switched to contract yesterday. but i wouldnt say these r good mates. i only have 2 best mates and my boyf
F. Poste
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Elles)
& you're a rapidly becomming famous journo remember..

as for me.. popular, pfff.. i have a decent group of close friends, then lots of people i chat to & very very few i dislike in my college. although i was once told by someone i vaguely knew that i was part of a 'celebrity couple' ahem..
Here's hoping

I can see why you'd be a celebrity couple, you're both very cute
need_money
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I said "bit of a loser with a few good mates"...i wouldn't say i'm a looooser cos i get on with people but i only really have a few proper mates. The rest are just aquintances.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.01%
They might tell the bully (18)
9.84%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.49%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
38.25%
There's nothing they could do (52)
28.42%

Watched Threads