Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    Here's hoping
    i'm not sure your incredibly promising match is still quite so promising though, alas..

I can see why you'd be a celebrity couple, you're both very cute
    thank you.. though i think to the person in mind it was the boatie/public school connection & my dubious claim-to-oxford-fame, rather than our physical attributes..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elles)
    i'm not sure your incredibly promising match is still quite so promising though, alas..

thank you.. though i think to the person in mind it was the boatie/public school connection & my dubious claim-to-oxford-fame, rather than our physical attributes..
    Awww, it was looking so good too Don't want to quiz my friend about it as I think I'd terrify the poor girl!

What's this claim-to-fame? I don't think I've heard about it!

ReputationRep:
    LOL at the people that say they have like 20-50 friends.......well, i only have like 2 very good friend.....the rest around 20 or so ain't even friends...i just chat to them and i leave it at that

When you reach a certain age, you will ditch your old friends and make new friends, if they are really cool people, you stay in regular touch.....i chat to like around 10 people at work?.....are they my friend? :confused: ....obviously NOT, i have to chat to them, 'cause otherwise i would get bored at work....lol....

(Original post by britishseapower)
    I'm the 'bit of a looser with a few good mates'
    Ditto.

ReputationRep:
    I only have 6 VERY close friends and several acquaintances but that doesn't make me a loser :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mxox)
    I only have 6 VERY close friends and several acquaintances but that doesn't make me a loser :confused:
    Well according to some people it does
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    I have trouble enough finding time for myself and hubby - no time to be a good friend so I deliberately don't get close to people...I'd rather not be in the position to let someone down than to actually let them down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amo1)
    Just wondering who on here whould consider them selves popular

poll coming

I'm detested :aetsch:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    I have trouble enough finding time for TT - no time to be a good friend so I deliberately don't get close to people...I'd rather not be in the position to let someone down than to actually let them down
    Good advice PQ

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2005
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.