Are there any advantages to being female? Watch

This discussion is closed.
lost_puppy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Which again begs the question: why do you need to doll up, and totter around in high heels?

Again, it makes me feel as though it's a self esteem issue in which you try to change to fit in with the people's stereotype of a female which is quite outdated.

I can speak; I've just posted a thread on how to get myself pissed to be ditzy! lol!
Tyler Durden
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Sam_B)
"And only a woman could look as good as this..."

yep, she is pretty fit...who is it?
Monica Bellucci.
TakemetoAvalon
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by razormylight)
yeah, i love being a girl, bossiness rules!
women don't usually go bald.
quadrocat
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by Krysa)
Which again begs the question: why do you need to doll up, and totter around in high heels?

Again, it makes me feel as though it's a self esteem issue in which you try to change to fit in with the people's stereotype of a female which is quite outdated.

I can speak; I've just posted a thread on how to get myself pissed to be ditzy! lol!
They are stereotypes, but they're still very strong ones nontheless. There's quite a lot of pressure there, even if you yourself know it's all rubbish really. I hate it when a pretty girl who puts loads of effort into the way she looks, looks straight through me like I don't exist, just because I'm not as attractive as she is. You know that 'Oh you're a plain one' kind of look.
quadrocat
Rep:
?
(Original post by TakemetoAvalon)
women don't usually go bald.
Actually, that's a really good one. Thanks.
Munna
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
has any1 heard that greek story where a greek god gave a chance to a person of being both man and woman and afterwards he asked the person whether he enjoyed sex better as man and woman and the person said he enjoyed it more as a women. wonder if its true what he said
quadrocat
Rep:
?
(Original post by Munna)
has any1 heard that greek story where a greek god gave a chance to a person of being both man and woman and afterwards he asked the person whether he enjoyed sex better as man and woman and the person said he enjoyed it more as a women. wonder if its true what he said
It's probably not true. But cool, that was really interesting.
need_money
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Ok, couldnt be bothered reading the whole thread so sorry if i'm repeating someone:

we can multi-task
girls are naturally smarter than men generally
we dont have to worry about people noticing if we get turned on lol
we can wear skirts OR trousers while men can really only wear trousers
we can wear mens aftershave and get away with it but men cant wear perfume without being considered gay
we have an excuse to be a moody cow once a month

Thats cheered me up a bit actually.
quadrocat
Rep:
?
(Original post by need_money)

At least some good has come of this
A0307
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
For the record-

"Multi-tasking": An inability to apply eye make-up with your mouth closed.
quadrocat
Rep:
?
(Original post by calumc)
For the record-

Lol, I likey :p:
need_money
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
For the record-

That really is the most impossible thing though! :eek:
lost_puppy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I thought opening your mouth relaxes your eye muscles so it's easier to apply eye makeup...
Barny
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Ok, couldnt be bothered reading the whole thread so sorry if i'm repeating someone:

we can multi-task
girls are naturally smarter than men generally
we dont have to worry about people noticing if we get turned on lol
we can wear skirts OR trousers while men can really only wear trousers
we can wear mens aftershave and get away with it but men cant wear perfume without being considered gay
we have an excuse to be a moody cow once a month

Men can multi-task better than women, hence 99% of pilots are men(Do they even let women do it?)
Naturally smarter? How many women have won nobel prizes?
Im not too cut up about not being able to wear a skirt or wear womens perfume to be honest
need_money
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by imasillynarb)
Men can multi-task better than women, hence 99% of pilots are men(Do they even let women do it?)
Im not too cut up about not being able to wear a skirt or wear womens perfume to be honest
Its a known fact that women can multi-task a lot better than men. Watch the Always adverts if you dont believe me hehe :p:

And a survey on exam results have proven that girls get higher exam results than boys.
quadrocat
Rep:
?
Its a known fact that women can multi-task a lot better than men. Watch the Always adverts if you dont believe me hehe :p:

And a survey on exam results have proven that girls get higher exam results than boys.
Doesn't make them cleverer though, just means they're better at exams.
puppy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by imasillynarb)
I'm not sure women are naturally smarter, but I don't believe in that anyway. I don't think there's any conclusive evidence that some people are "naturally" smarter than others no matter what their sex. Girls do better at school but that's a lot to do with society, maturity and the fact that most lower school teachers are female, rather than a natural aptitude. I think men do better at university but that might just be at my uni, not sure if that's generally true or not.

Can men multi task better than women? I think it depends what tasks they're doing. I think men find it almost impoissible to follow two lines of conversation at the same time, but then that has very little to do with one's ability to fly a plane!
Barny
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Ahhh, my bad, the always advert says that, so it must be right!

Exam results in GCSE's maybe, but thats largely due to the fact that a lot of the work at GCSE's is coursework, girls tend to spend hours and hours making it decent whereas the majority of boys dont bother.

When it comes to A-level, and particularly degrees, its a difference story, especially when you look at the harder subjects such as Maths/Physics/Chemistry.
Luize
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
For the record-

I can do that easily.
Multitasking however is a different matter :P

Girl don't have very very painful spots on the outside of their body.
Barny
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Luize)
I can do that easily.
Multitasking however is a different matter :P

Girl don't have very very painful spots on the outside of their body.
Neither do boys? Or am I some sort of freak?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (55)
67.9%
No I haven't decided yet (17)
20.99%
Yes but I might change my mind (9)
11.11%

Watched Threads