This discussion is closed.
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by razormylight)
cheers technik, i think i will do. i was just worried that i'd be making a fuss out of nothing if i went to the doctors, so thats why i asked on here first.
nah a girl in my class in primary school had diabetes and mid morning she used to go all faint and needed to eat a biscuit or something to get her sugar back up. she just used to get tired and had to put her head down like she was sleeping. the teacher had to keep like a tin of biscuits for her

after about half an hour she was fine again
alio~
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
cheers technik, i think i will do. i was just worried that i'd be making a fuss out of nothing if i went to the doctors, so thats why i asked on here first.
to be honest i don't think it will be diabetes, you might just be going through a phase like i did last year, i felt tired/weak/lightheaded at random times. It could be hormones or a virus cause if you were diabetic you wouldn't be hesitating to go to the docs its quite bad.
Still you should go for a blood test though. Also don't forget you'l be more paranoid about feeling dizzy etc now your worried so it will probably seem worse than it is. Go to the docs anyway just in case and to put your mind at rest
rmyl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by technik)
nah a girl in my class in primary school had diabetes and mid morning she used to go all faint and needed to eat a biscuit or something to get her sugar back up. she just used to get tired and had to put her head down like she was sleeping. the teacher had to keep like a tin of biscuits for her

after about half an hour she was fine again
yeah, my friends diabetic and she's had a serious hypo (low sugar/glucose level in her blood) before at school. it was very frightening, she just went limp and couldn't coordinate with anything. they had to spoon feed her jam before the ambulance arrived, cos no one could find her insulin.
rmyl
Rep:
?
(Original post by alio~)
to be honest i don't think it will be diabetes, you might just be going through a phase like i did last year, i felt tired/weak/lightheaded at random times. It could be hormones or a virus cause if you were diabetic you wouldn't be hesitating to go to the docs its quite bad.
Still you should go for a blood test though. Also don't forget you'l be more paranoid about feeling dizzy etc now your worried so it will probably seem worse than it is. Go to the docs anyway just in case and to put your mind at rest
yah, it does seem more like that. its not like i'm actually collapsing or anything, but just some things worry me, like my tiredness and dips in energy
alio~
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
yah, it does seem more like that. its not like i'm actually collapsing or anything, but just some things worry me, like my tiredness and dips in energy
Try eating more breakfast before you go in the morning like a bannana and get some iron/vitamin tablets ive made a habit of taking one everyday it will stop you from worrying as much as well. I think loads of ppl feel like this sometimes but some worry and some just ignore it (i worry lol)
rmyl
Rep:
?
(Original post by alio~)
Try eating more breakfast before you go in the morning like a bannana and get some iron/vitamin tablets ive made a habit of taking one everyday it will stop you from worrying as much as well. I think loads of ppl feel like this sometimes but some worry and some just ignore it (i worry lol)
will do, thats what my bro suggested. thanks

btw alio, i'm presuming you're new, welcome to TSR!! (if not and you've just changed, welcome back! )
technik
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
will do, thats what my bro suggested. thanks

btw alio, i'm presuming you're new, welcome to TSR!! (if not and you've just changed, welcome back! )
hehe i was wondering if its a whole new alio or the old alio who i aint seen for ages
rmyl
Rep:
?
hehe i was wondering if its a whole new alio or the old alio who i aint seen for ages
there was an old alio?? i've not really been here that long i suppose
technik
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
there was an old alio?? i've not really been here that long i suppose
you've been here longer than me...and i remember her. she was cool.

i guess im here more often judging on post count
alio~
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
its the old one i couldn't log in with the other account :rolleyes:
technik
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by alio~)
its the old one i couldn't log in with the other account :rolleyes:
id PM ollie or rahayden, they'll sort it out for ya
rmyl
Rep:
?
you've been here longer than me...and i remember her. she was cool.

i guess im here more often judging on post count
lol, yeah!!! although i've started coming on more of late!! less work to do i suppose!
alio~
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
id PM ollie or rahayden, they'll sort it out for ya
ive pmed Adhsur though shes dissapeared
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Try and eat stuff that provides long lasting energy, rather than quick bursts of it, if you have toast, eat wholemeal toast for example, if you have cereal, ditch the cocopops in favour of fruit n' fibre or something, see if this helps.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (102)
24.06%
No (322)
75.94%

Watched Threads