Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Did your school/college organise a valentine service (e.g. selling roses)?

ReputationRep:
    Don't know what they have planned but in previous years they usually sell flowers and stuff in the main forum

ReputationRep:
    There is a speed dating night set up.
    never seen anything last year.

MODS: Can we please have the word "Valentine" added to the swear filter? It would make my life a whole lot more bearable.

Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    At our school, we can buy roses for 2 quid. I find it quite expensive though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    MODS: Can we please have the word "Valentine" added to the swear filter? It would make my life a whole lot more bearable.

Cheers.
    LOL, I know. There's still two whole weeks to go!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    At our school, we can buy roses for 2 quid. I find it quite expensive though.
    Depends how many roses you get for your money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    LOL, I know. There's still two whole weeks to go!
    I'm glad! I don't want a Valentines Day. The day after it, and I don't get to see him for three months.

ReputationRep:
    yes... and I as responsible for the Love Mail :hmpf:
    writting cheesy love notes for others is not a hobby I personally enjoy, I found out last year...

It would be highly amusing if they did seeing as it is a single sex school..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparklyteacosie)
    It would be highly amusing if they did seeing as it is a single sex school..
    They did that at mine last year.

But it was in collaboration with the girls school next door

ReputationRep:
    Having a girly nite out wiv my friend on valentines day seeing how we're both broken up wiv our bf, bad timing?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    Did your school/college organise a valentine service (e.g. selling roses)?
    My school never did anything like that. But then again my school was rubbish and the headteacher is a battleaxe at the best of times. I somehow doubt she knows what Valentines day is.

ReputationRep:
    they do. and we are all girls. it scares me. granted it is supposed to be 'friendship' roses. but still scares me... i cant wait to get out... !

ReputationRep:
    yeh we have rose sales and a "secret santa" kind of valentines box!

ReputationRep:
    Valentines day is only happy if you have someone to share it with. And no, I doubt it. Our school is single sex, and homophobic lol

(Original post by visesh)
    They did that at mine last year.

But it was in collaboration with the girls school next door

Well I suppose year 7, 8 & 9 get the little Valentines Dance with the boys school next door..Although the patrols with be out in full force to keep the boys and girls atleast a fair distance away from each other..or something like that anyway

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.