This discussion is closed.
staylor
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Good work

I just hope I can pull that off. Unfortunately my teacher has just had a baby or something (i didnt know he was married ) so the supply teacher hasn't got a clue :mad:

Oh well. Maybe it'll work out - HOPEFULLY it'll work out
JrW
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I think 5 alevels is brilliant:

* if you can withstand the work pressure of five A levels
* can successfully study them without affecting social/extra-curricular life
neha p
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by jamierwilliams)
I think 5 alevels is brilliant:

* if you can withstand the work pressure of five A levels
* can successfully study them without affecting social/extra-curricular life
i agree
..and bow to anyone doing 5 A2 or more...it takes enough motivation to do 4, but real dedication to your studies is required. very worthy of respect
RayOfHope
Report 15 years ago
I am doing 5 a levels in maths, physics, biology, physics, english literatire and politics.
i only took up maths this yera so i am doing a two year course in one year!
am looking forward to half term, not january results. will probably need to retake maths. anyone here appled to ucl for economics?
staylor
Rep:
?
Nice to see somebody thinks its worth doing 5 a-levels
trev
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Just wondering since some of you are doing 5 A-levels, did your entry requirements for uni wanted 3 A-levels or all 5?
Wild Thing
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by staylor)
Has anybody had any experience and could help me - would this be too hard?
hey kid,
i'm doing 6 alevels (A2)

maths
history
physics
french
english lit
spanish

Now I think i'm gonna drop one coz i can't handle. I'm totally overstressed, don't have time to go out anymore a exasm are in 19weeks...i have to do like 1 pass paper per day adn then a couple of essays. I'm doing my eng lit and spanish in 4 months so im rushing through my coursework, sleeping 5 hours a day...I h ad to drop the 4 hours of tennis I used to do per day and barely have time on my own.
Now this is my life at the mo, lower isxth was pretty easy for me but now it's not hard there's just sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oo much work to do.
now kid, you do whatever you feel like it, but I would go for 4 alevels. Oxford wasn' too impressed that I ws doing 6 alevels and predicted 6 As so don't bother
good luck
Wild Thing
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
btw...all the offers I ahd was based on just 3 alevels AND i was rejected by UCL without an interview so it doesn't make a a diff. You're required to do just 3 alevels. If you do more than, good for you.
My friend applied to UCL....got 11 A* for GCSES, 7As at AS and is predicted 6 As at A2 AND does like loads of fencing and proffesional running and has a great social life as well as extra curricluar writing, great ps, great referance AND was rejected by UCL without an interview :p: :rolleyes:
staylor
Rep:
?
:eek:

So six a-levels is a NO then :eek:
RayOfHope
Report 15 years ago
wow!! and i thought 5 was a lot! how can that fit into your timetable?
Wild Thing
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ornela)
wow!! and i thought 5 was a lot! how can that fit into your timetable?
I don't :p:
Wild Thing
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
:eek:

So six a-levels is a NO then :eek:
id say a 5 is a NO too
staylor
Rep:
?
Oh, good point :p:
Wild Thing
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
lol...well im talkign from experience if you really want to do 5..i'd do 1 in 1 year and then 4 over 2 years..coz 5 all at the same time iS HELLLLL
staylor
Rep:
?
Ill take your word for it
Wild Thing
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Ill take your word for it
:rofl: lol
trev
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by wild thing)
lol...well im talkign from experience if you really want to do 5..i'd do 1 in 1 year and then 4 over 2 years..coz 5 all at the same time iS HELLLLL
Do most schools/colleges let you do 1 A-level in one year, and 4 over 2 years?
AllergicToFairydust
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by trev)
Do most schools/colleges let you do 1 A-level in one year, and 4 over 2 years?
My school does it in two but the local college does it in 1/2 years by day 1 year part time by night.
Create
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by trev)
Just wondering since some of you are doing 5 A-levels, did your entry requirements for uni wanted 3 A-levels or all 5?
Just the 3 - but they excluded one of the A-Levels from the offer as it was an arts subject and was in no way relevant to the engineering course I'd applied for.
Create
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I appreciate people's experiences etc but I still stand by that 5 is perfectly possible with not tooooo much stress and with still the time to do lots of extracurricular stuff. At the end of the day, it's down to the person who's taking them, and I think if you want to do it, you should start with them and just see how it goes. If you start off with 4 and then think you should have done 5 coz you're finding you've got a lot of spare time on your hands then it's too late. Go for the option with most options! If you find it too much - drop one - no harm done. Whenever I've got choices to make I always choose the one that would leave me with least regrets in hindsight. If you don't try, you'll never know. Go for it you've got nothing to lose
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (217)
38.68%
Take autumn exams (167)
29.77%
Look for a job (19)
3.39%
Consider an apprenticeship (22)
3.92%
Take a year out (102)
18.18%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (34)
6.06%

Watched Threads