Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Good work

I just hope I can pull that off. Unfortunately my teacher has just had a baby or something (i didnt know he was married ) so the supply teacher hasn't got a clue :mad:

Oh well. Maybe it'll work out - HOPEFULLY it'll work out

ReputationRep:
    I think 5 alevels is brilliant:

* if you can withstand the work pressure of five A levels
    * can successfully study them without affecting social/extra-curricular life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamierwilliams)
    I think 5 alevels is brilliant:

* if you can withstand the work pressure of five A levels
    * can successfully study them without affecting social/extra-curricular life
    i agree
    ..and bow to anyone doing 5 A2 or more...it takes enough motivation to do 4, but real dedication to your studies is required. very worthy of respect

ReputationRep:
    I am doing 5 a levels in maths, physics, biology, physics, english literatire and politics.
    i only took up maths this yera so i am doing a two year course in one year!
    am looking forward to half term, not january results. will probably need to retake maths. anyone here appled to ucl for economics?

ReputationRep:
    Nice to see somebody thinks its worth doing 5 a-levels

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering since some of you are doing 5 A-levels, did your entry requirements for uni wanted 3 A-levels or all 5?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by staylor)
    Has anybody had any experience and could help me - would this be too hard?
    hey kid,
    i'm doing 6 alevels (A2)

maths
    history
    physics
    french
    english lit
    spanish

Now I think i'm gonna drop one coz i can't handle. I'm totally overstressed, don't have time to go out anymore a exasm are in 19weeks...i have to do like 1 pass paper per day adn then a couple of essays. I'm doing my eng lit and spanish in 4 months so im rushing through my coursework, sleeping 5 hours a day...I h ad to drop the 4 hours of tennis I used to do per day and barely have time on my own.
    Now this is my life at the mo, lower isxth was pretty easy for me but now it's not hard there's just sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oo much work to do.
    now kid, you do whatever you feel like it, but I would go for 4 alevels. Oxford wasn' too impressed that I ws doing 6 alevels and predicted 6 As so don't bother
    good luck

ReputationRep:
    btw...all the offers I ahd was based on just 3 alevels AND i was rejected by UCL without an interview so it doesn't make a a diff. You're required to do just 3 alevels. If you do more than, good for you.
    My friend applied to UCL....got 11 A* for GCSES, 7As at AS and is predicted 6 As at A2 AND does like loads of fencing and proffesional running and has a great social life as well as extra curricluar writing, great ps, great referance AND was rejected by UCL without an interview :p: :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    :eek:

So six a-levels is a NO then :eek:

ReputationRep:
    wow!! and i thought 5 was a lot! how can that fit into your timetable?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ornela)
    wow!! and i thought 5 was a lot! how can that fit into your timetable?
    I don't :p:

ReputationRep:
    :eek:

So six a-levels is a NO then :eek:
    id say a 5 is a NO too

ReputationRep:
    Oh, good point :p:

ReputationRep:
    lol...well im talkign from experience if you really want to do 5..i'd do 1 in 1 year and then 4 over 2 years..coz 5 all at the same time iS HELLLLL

ReputationRep:
    Ill take your word for it

ReputationRep:
    Ill take your word for it
    :rofl: lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wild thing)
    lol...well im talkign from experience if you really want to do 5..i'd do 1 in 1 year and then 4 over 2 years..coz 5 all at the same time iS HELLLLL
    Do most schools/colleges let you do 1 A-level in one year, and 4 over 2 years?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    Do most schools/colleges let you do 1 A-level in one year, and 4 over 2 years?
    My school does it in two but the local college does it in 1/2 years by day 1 year part time by night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    Just wondering since some of you are doing 5 A-levels, did your entry requirements for uni wanted 3 A-levels or all 5?
    Just the 3 - but they excluded one of the A-Levels from the offer as it was an arts subject and was in no way relevant to the engineering course I'd applied for.

ReputationRep:
    I appreciate people's experiences etc but I still stand by that 5 is perfectly possible with not tooooo much stress and with still the time to do lots of extracurricular stuff. At the end of the day, it's down to the person who's taking them, and I think if you want to do it, you should start with them and just see how it goes. If you start off with 4 and then think you should have done 5 coz you're finding you've got a lot of spare time on your hands then it's too late. Go for the option with most options! If you find it too much - drop one - no harm done. Whenever I've got choices to make I always choose the one that would leave me with least regrets in hindsight. If you don't try, you'll never know. Go for it you've got nothing to lose

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.