The Student Room Group

OCR A A-level Physics Exploring Physics (H556/02) - 9th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did your OCR A A-level Physics Exploring Physics (Paper 2) exam go?

OCR A A-level Physics Exploring Physics (H556/02) - 9th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:

General Information
Date/Time: 9th June, am
Length: 2hr 15mins

Resources
https://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications/as-and-a-level/physics-a-h156-h556-from-2015/
https://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications/as-and-a-level/physics-a-h156-h556-from-2015/assessment/
https://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/363796-units-h156-and-h556-data-formulae-and-relationships-booklet.pdf
https://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/physics-revision/a-level-ocr-a/
A-level Physics Study Group 2022-2023
(edited 10 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

after modelling i’m sure this will be the worst exam of my life
Reply 2
Original post by unknown0609

Yep

After that exam, im not sure what my approach for revision should be now, because my past paper revision for modelling really did not help me in the exam hall. Im gonna have to go over everything i dont 100% get and get an understanding around it, because remembering it all clearly isnt gonna work
Reply 4
If modelling was that hard, imagine what they can do by mixing waves, particles etc. ...
Reply 5
can you guys please share how you are preparing for the exploring paper? I did all past papers for modeling but what I saw in the exam was something else. so now I don't even know how to revise

edited 17/08/2023
Hahaha surprisingly got a B overall on 3 papers. shocked that i actually got a 58 in p1
anyone wondering, i got BBB in maths physics and chem
off to uni of sheffield Aerospace engineering BENG
#1 tip I can give you is to understand how to apply your knowledge in real-life scenarios, especially in paper 1
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by Tmuti
can you guys please share how you are preparing for the exploring paper? I did all past papers for modeling but what I saw in the exam was something else. so now I don't even know how to revise

^^^^
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 7

i am on my knees PRAYING that it's gonna be circuits and capacitors with little to no waves
Original post by AryanRA
If modelling was that hard, imagine what they can do by mixing waves, particles etc. ...

wave-particle duality? a Young's double slit with photoelectric effect calculation would be nice tho

hope they're asking how does increasing intensity affect KE max.
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 9
Original post by username4232926
^^^^

Not the perfect student but id say go over all practicals that come up, get a teacher to print you topic questions from exam builder which will basically give you all questions that have ever come up on a certain topic like waves for example. Also, go over all mistakes you've made on past papers for paper 2/3
Reply 10
bro why the **** they not providing advanced info this year
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 11
here before everyone starts wildin in the comments after the exam ㅤㅤ :pee:
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ O C R
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by MxnkThatsInPink_
After that exam, im not sure what my approach for revision should be now, because my past paper revision for modelling really did not help me in the exam hall. Im gonna have to go over everything i dont 100% get and get an understanding around it, because remembering it all clearly isnt gonna work

Same, i was so disappointed that the past paper questions did not help me on the modelling i kinda even lost motivation for the next exam.
i’m hoping paper 2 is better than 1 since it’s more content based and paper 1 tends to be the hardest due to it mostly being application even 2022 papers i thought the paper 2 was alott better than the 1, relying on paper 2/3 to somehow save my grade
Reply 14
I'm honestly just going to use my textbook practice questions and revise the practicals. Paper 1 is normally the easier of the papers (for me at least), and whoever made that paper 1 clearly has no regard for mental wellbeing. Begging that Exploring and Unified aren't as bad. I do OCR CompSci and Chem too, so they better be nice.
Original post by ZephyrOne
I'm honestly just going to use my textbook practice questions and revise the practicals. Paper 1 is normally the easier of the papers (for me at least), and whoever made that paper 1 clearly has no regard for mental wellbeing. Begging that Exploring and Unified aren't as bad. I do OCR CompSci and Chem too, so they better be nice.

real i cried in my mother's arms for days after paper 1 cause it was so hard and the fact that i'm dim as hell did not help
Reply 16
Original post by ihateocrphysics
real i cried in my mother's arms for days after paper 1 cause it was so hard and the fact that i'm dim as hell did not help

I love physics but I'm not the best at it. I did so much revision and it felt like it was worthless once I opened that paper. OCR will be getting the therapy bill.
https://ibb.co/92Y969J

how can i visualise the magnetic field ??
Reply 18
Original post by sprinkledcheese
https://ibb.co/92Y969J

how can i visualise the magnetic field ?

Firstly You can think of it as the grey area is the only thing which has magnetic fields on it ,then as they have given the value of flux density it’s reasonable to think that flux density is uniform and doesn’t change with time .They haven’t given us the direction of magnetic field but just said it’s perpendicular (normally in the exam they’ll say that if mag field is into the page or out of it) here when it says perpendicular it means u can directly apply magnetic flux =BA where Area A is normal to magnetic fleld or flux ,(I am assuming that’s what the next question would ask ),so now u could just plug in the values of area and B,to visualise the field you could hold a pen/pencil perpendicular to the grey part which depicts a single field line coming towards or moving inwards relative to page.I have given all my experiences of mag field I hope that helps even a tiny bit .Thanks
Reply 19
I feel so helpless going into this next exam, I was so confident on the first paper and then got ruined by stuff I couldn't have prepared for. Don't even know where to start on this, just gonna go through the textbook and do what I can. Doing past papers feels useless

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending