The Student Room Group
Reply 1
A month or so...just waiting for the DVLA to post it back is the time it takes.
Reply 2
mien took about 2-3 weeks if i remember correctly. not too long really, considering the amouint they must go through
3 weeks usually.
Reply 4
yeah about that then its a few months of lessons and a theory test then a practical test

If you get caught breaking the law twice in your 1st 2 years they we take it all away and you will have to resit both tests at your own expense (the practical you sit is more expensive because its longer than the normal one)
Reply 5
6 points on your licence is the max you can get in the first 2 years...

A few months of lessons? Try a year plus :biggrin:
Mine took 7 days from the day i sent of for it. Seems as though i got mine back quickly.
i got mine in about 10 days
Reply 8
Clodagh
6 points on your licence is the max you can get in the first 2 years...

A few months of lessons? Try a year plus :biggrin:

a year?! i did it in 5 months (passed first time this weekend :biggrin: )
Reply 9
It took me a year and a half and two tests :frown:
Reply 10
If you take your passport to the post office they can sort it all out there for you. You just pay a few pounds extra but the licence comes withing a week.
Reply 11
Makavelli_07
Mine took 7 days from the day i sent of for it. Seems as though i got mine back quickly.

My provisional came today and I sent off for it.... *thinks* ..... last Tuesday... so 6 days... pretty good!

I think they just try and ensure they do it in time for the date you put, like I put my birthday (which is in a weeks time) and didn't get my act together to get it sent off... lol :biggrin:
Muh. I can't drive. But as for passing times... with my friends I've seen it vary from 5 weeks, 10 lessons, pass first time (he's a boy racer, but a technically brilliant driver) for one friend to a year, almost 60 lessons, and passing on the 4th try (lol) for another.
Mine took just under a week, mainly cause I paid for the post office to check it. much faster that way :smile:
Reply 14
if you applied tomorrow, you'd get it within 2 weeks i'd say.

as for passing your test, it really depends on how good you are. if you're totally crap it'll take you longer, if you're a naturally good driver you could get it done by/during the summer.

it took me about 7 months to pass mine, got it first time too which was a real relief. resitting a test just ruins your life for another month and destroys your wallet at the same time.

my advice is dont pressure yourself into rushing it and trying to get it done within a few months. you'll just end up failing. take your time and get it right. you want to pass 1st time

Latest

Trending

Trending