Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I met my wife at Cambridge when I was 19 and got married last July.

ReputationRep:
    I've never had a serious relationship, which is quite sad really, the longest relationship Ive had is 3 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    Never had a serious relationship... never had a relationship, period.
    Never been kissed makes me cry; I see myself 5-10 yrs from now...

ReputationRep:
    had my first 'proper' bf when i was 16 (i'd only ever really being seeing guys before that)... at the tiem i thought it was serious... it wasn't... it lasted about 4 months

then had another (more) serious one was i was 17 (ended just over a year ago), officially was 4 months but dragged out to like 7 (ie. we'd go on secret little staes without making it official... yes he was scared of commitment)

but my current relationship (a year) is much more serious then either of those... funny how you always think somethings so good at the time, but then the next thing is actually better!

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)
    I've never had a serious relationship, which is quite sad really, the longest relationship Ive had is 3 weeks.
    Aww... you and me both

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)
    ... mine was 1 week...

ReputationRep:
    ok people who havent had seriouse relationships and are feeling a little down, ill put it this way

The guy who said "it is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all" NEVER loved and lost. You are better out without it, yes its great for a time but when you split and the pain kicks in, you wish you would have never have done it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoisinHan)
    I'm still with mine, we got together at 15 and it's been over a year but we're closer than I ever thought possible- unless something drastic happens I think it will last another year and a bit until we leave school but uni could well screw us up as theres a very large chance he'll get into oxford and i'll probably be much further North!
    If he is Oxford bound, DUMP THE MOFO NOW!

ReputationRep:
    i got together with my first boyfriend who was also my first SERIOUS boyfriend at the age of 12 and a half :eek: - we were together till I was 15 :eek: lol - must have been pretty serious though now I look back on it and I'm like wow we were such kids!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak763)
    I met my wife at Cambridge when I was 19 and got married last July.

awwwwwwww congratulations :congrats: I hope you guys live long and happy with each other!!! good on ya!

Love Ladyshort

ReputationRep:
    I was 17... It lasted about two months...then he became stalker-ish.

Somehow, my non-serious relationships last longer... one at 6 months, one at 8 months and one at over a year...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shootingstar)
    I was 17... It lasted about two months...then he became stalker-ish.

Somehow, my non-serious relationships last longer... one at 6 months, one at 8 months and one at over a year...
    I don't really get that ... how can you be going out with someone for over a year without it ever becoming serious?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterfly)
    I don't really get that ... how can you be going out with someone for over a year without it ever becoming serious?
    well, thats what I've been trying to understand... but yeah... read the blog... explains it as well as I can...

ReputationRep:
    LMAO i thought the thread said how old are you?...

well maybe i'll actually read the question next time lol

ReputationRep:
    each proper relationship seems more serious than the last

ReputationRep:
    the amount of people I know my age who've been in serious relationships for like 3 or 5 years is just scary :eek:
    I can't imagine that kind of commitment at 18

ReputationRep:
    *note* dont think that at uni u will automatically find a bf :P
    oh i was such a delusional child lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangomaz)
    *note* dont think that at uni u will automatically find a bf :P
    oh i was such a delusional child lol.
    Don't say that....all my future hopes of marriage rest on uni lol :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I started going out with my first and only serious boyfriend when I was 15, the relationship ended just under 2 weeks ago- I'm now 20- we had been together for 5 years.

Ruthie xx

ReputationRep:
    I had just turned 16 when my first really serious one started, and I thought it was going to last forever

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.