heminder
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
:hello:

don't you just hate the damn things?!?!?!?! :mad: :mad: :mad:

owkay, ill tell you my story today... :bebored:
as exams were going on at my college for the last 3 weeks i've been getting up at like 10 as college was starting late every day (except for exams). this week (31-01-05) everything was back to normal and last night i finally turned on my 3 alarm clocks next to my bed in order to wake me up this morning.

OH MY GOD!!! :mad:
just when i was all warm, cosy and sleepy in the morning ALL 3 OF MY ALARM CLOCKS GO OFF AT THE SAME TIME!!!
ALARM CLOCKS!!!!!! what kind of an invention is that??? ruining my sleep?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! always disturbing me every morning!

i've had a headache ALL day!!!
there's a poll coming... :eek:
ponjavic
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by heminder)
don't you just hate the damn things?!?!?!?!

owkay, ill tell you my story today...
as exams were going on at my college for the last 3 weeks i've been getting up at like 10 as college was starting late every day (except for exams). this week (31-01-05) everything was back to normal and last night i finally turned on my 3 alarm clocks next to my bed in order to wake me up this morning.

OH MY GOD!!!
just when i was all warm, cosy and sleepy in the morning ALL 3 OF MY ALARM CLOCKS GO OFF AT THE SAME TIME!!!
******* ALARM CLOCKS!!!!!! what kind of an invention is that??? ruining my sleep?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! always disturbing me every morning!

there's a poll coming...
You snooze, you lose
Just_Izzy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
maybe you should have double checked when u set the alarms for... just a suggestion!
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I use the alarm on my phone, set to vibrate. Then last week someone phoned me early in the morning! I pressed the "turn alarm off" button, which is the same as the "answer phone button" thinking it was my alarm and it wasn't! I didn't realise until about a minute later when I looked at my phone
Just_Izzy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
my phone alarm is evil. EVIL i tell you. it gets louder and louder and louder until you give in and get up. it must be burnt...
F1 fanatic
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by heminder)
don't you just hate the damn things?!?!?!?!

owkay, ill tell you my story today...

OH MY GOD!!!
******* ALARM CLOCKS!!!!!! what kind of an invention is that??? ruining my sleep?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! always disturbing me every morning!

there's a poll coming...
A mate told me a rather amusing story about what he did to his alarm clock this morning. It woke him up which he took offence to so he smashed his hand down on the snooze button. A period of time later it beeped again as you'd expect & so he shouted "That wasnt ten minutes you *&$£($" and threw it on the floor at which point it beeped uncontrollably for 10 minutes waking up half the corridor. He's welsh. I think that explains it all.
F. Poste
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I hate the morning alarm... I use my phone. I should get someone to buy me an alarm clock for my birthday..
heminder
Rep:
?
(Original post by juno_the)
I use the alarm on my phone, set to vibrate. Then last week someone phoned me early in the morning! I pressed the "turn alarm off" button, which is the same as the "answer phone button" thinking it was my alarm and it wasn't! I didn't realise until about a minute later when I looked at my phone
yeah well this morning i was strategically planning on turning off ONE of the alarm clocks and as i was doing it it fell on the floor! alarm-ing away! nothing is more annoying that to have an alarm clock going off and you being unable to turn it off!
habosh
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I used to hate it with my old phone but this one ,like everymorning when it rings it goes with an extra cute tones and nice coloured lights....I gets angry sometimes but if it didn't ring i get angry more|
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by habosh)
I used to hate it with my old phone but this one ,like everymorning when it rings it goes with an extra cute tones and nice coloured lights....I gets angry sometimes but if it didn't ring i get angry more|
Exactly! Just think of those poor l;ittle alarm clocks. They get shouted at if they do go off and shouted at if they don't. They can't win!
heminder
Rep:
?
Exactly! Just think of those poor l;ittle alarm clocks. They get shouted at if they do go off and shouted at if they don't. They can't win!
noone likes 'em
technik
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i dont really need one as i seem to wake up on time 95% of the time...i just have it on incase its one of those 5% times where i sleep late.

(i live in a noisy house so i usually wake)
rmyl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i wake up to chris moyles. sometimes thats good, other times its not! especially when comedy dave goes "lets get ready to raaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmbbbbbbbbbl lllllllllllleee"
habosh
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
most irritating when you think you turned them off you gowake up get out of the room and suddenly after couple of minutes when you are miles away in the kitchen or something they start ringing...thats really when I say a big word like ^%$&
heminder
Rep:
?
i think Monday will explain all this...
Mad Vlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I have a bad habit of turning off the alarm and going back to sleep
85ah11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
This morning, I woke up to my alarm. Semi-conscious, I thought: "what's that noise? Oh, I recognise it, it's my alarm". So I turn my alarm off.

"Ah, silence - I can sleep now".

Three quarters of an hour later I wake up and realise I'm late for my tutorial. :mad:
Sparkey
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I wake up at 7:15 every morning to Tony and Sam at breakfast on Valley's Radio So It's not so bad.

Except on Saturaday morning when I forget to unset it and it wakes me up 6 hours to early
mangomaz
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i love the snooze button... i set off my alarm about 10 mins before im planning on getting up so that i can really appreciate those last 10 mins in my bed before i have to get up lol... but i usually am half awake before my alarm goes off anyway! the vibrate always scares me tho!
Vixen
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I use me phone but even without that horrible beeping and vibrating combined it sometimes fails to wake me up properly. Sometimes I put the phone the other side of the room til eventually it wakes me up and I have to stagger out of bed to stop its incessent noise!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (109)
17.99%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
26.9%
Not great so far... (217)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.31%

Watched Threads