This discussion is closed.
Mrs Rickman
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Is saying in your personal statement how a teacher inspired you to pursue your chosen subject further going to come across negatively to an admissions tutor? I want to be honest but also don't want to sound like i'm only doing the subject because a teacher told me to. Any advice? :confused:

Thanks
~Raphael~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If you were to pretty much say that your teacher encouraged you in a particular subject/down a certain path BECAUSE THEY could tell that you're talented in that area, then that would be a good thing because you're pretty much saying a professional recognises that you are good at what you are applying to do...I would make the interest in the sibject all your own though...
Mrs Rickman
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
That's a good idea - never thought of putting that slant on it. Thanks
luce20
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I know this was written 5 days ago... but anyway in answering your question. I have actually started off my PS with saying that my drawing tutor first introduced me to Henry Moore ( his sculptures, not him!) and from that my interest has grown for fine art although I had already wanted to do fine art. The advantage to that, is that my main course tutor is getting my drawing tutor to write in my reference as well so I'm hoping it works in my favour!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (138)
61.61%
No I haven't decided yet (50)
22.32%
Yes but I might change my mind (36)
16.07%

Watched Threads