To, Creative writing geniuses/ romantic fools - HELP needed Watch

This discussion is closed.
visesh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by BlueAngel)
yes. All I got told was to write my feelings down on a piece of paper and chuck it away, everytime I thought of him. So I did for awhile, and it didnt work, and it wasted my time and paper.
That sucks
AngelofnoColour
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by visesh)
That sucks
yes, life is unfair and sucks. I think the only person who can help me, is Shane himself. All I need to do is find him again and tell him to sort me out, maybe if he gives me a slap or two, I might calm down, lol.
Trousers
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
no.
But Ive had boyfriends, but not loved them. Ok, Im confused now, first loads of people are telling me that I need to sort myself out before I help others.
Then other people are saying that it doesnt matter, cos everyone has problems and all counsellors are usually crazy in a way. I know this obsession is not normal, but I cant help it, and so far no ones helped me.
Yes, everyone has problems but there's a limit. No one is perfect, and counsellors are just human beings like the rest of us, but I doubt that many of them stalk members of boy bands.

You seem to be quite proud of your obsession in a way - you're always talking about it on TSR, and I expect all of your friends know about it. If you have counselling, you will be able to get to the root of the problem (hopefully) - you can't do this if you're always laughing it off.

I suspect that you use your obsession to define your personality among other people - it's good to have a strong personality, to set you apart from the crowd, and so that people don't think you're boring, but there are plenty of ways to do this.
habosh
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Makavelli_07)
How many posts do i need to have before i can rep, anyway?

I've never looked into it, i assume it's like 1,000 or something.
I wish all people were so enthusiasm about repping someone like you
Trousers
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
yes, life is unfair and sucks. I think the only person who can help me, is Shane himself. All I need to do is find him again and tell him to sort me out, maybe if he gives me a slap or two, I might calm down, lol.
No, the only person who can help you is yourself. Finding him and seeing him again will only make your obsession worse and scare the crap out of him.

I don't know why your counsellor recommended writing everything down - surely that only made you think about him more?!
Tyler Durden
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
no.
But Ive had boyfriends, but not loved them. Ok, Im confused now, first loads of people are telling me that I need to sort myself out before I help others.
Then other people are saying that it doesnt matter, cos everyone has problems and all counsellors are usually crazy in a way. I know this obsession is not normal, but I cant help it, and so far no ones helped me.
Well then just get rid of it. Put all you Shane stuff (posters, letters, boxers if you've stolen any :eek: ) in a box and throw away the key. Then just get a grip. A shrink would charge you ridiculous rates so you could lie on the couch and tell them all about Shane. I give you this for free: Get. Over. Him. He's a grown, married man and to be honest it's pretty sad to be this obsessed. It'll probably affect your real life relationships. It's not worth it. :rolleyes:
AngelofnoColour
Rep:
?
(Original post by Trousers)
Yes, everyone has problems but there's a limit. No one is perfect, and counsellors are just human beings like the rest of us, but I doubt that many of them stalk members of boy bands.

You seem to be quite proud of your obsession in a way - you're always talking about it on TSR, and I expect all of your friends know about it. If you have counselling, you will be able to get to the root of the problem (hopefully) - you can't do this if you're always laughing it off.

I suspect that you use your obsession to define your personality among other people - it's good to have a strong personality, to set you apart from the crowd, and so that people don't think you're boring, but there are plenty of ways to do this.
Yeah I do laugh it off, because I'm not a serious person, I laugh at everything, even in funerals. Yeah I can see everyones sick of me talking about him, but that doesnt make me stop. Proud of the obession - nope. Do I sound proud? no, its ruining my life and you think Im proud. Sorry hun, you got the wrong stick there.
AngelofnoColour
Rep:
?
(Original post by englishstudent)
Well then just get rid of it. Put all you Shane stuff (posters, letters, boxers if you've stolen any :eek: ) in a box and throw away the key. Then just get a grip. A shrink would charge you ridiculous rates so you could lie on the couch and tell them all about Shane. I give you this for free: Get. Over. Him. He's a grown, married man and to be honest it's pretty sad to be this obsessed. It'll probably affect your real life relationships. It's not worth it. :rolleyes:
Ok thanks for the advice, my room was full of posters, but I did GROW up you know, and all my posters and stuff ARE in a box under my bed, and I hardly look at it. I guess I should stop listening to him sing, but I love westlife and I love their songs, I just CANT stop listening to him.
I know its not worth it, jesus, how many times have I said this, I hate the obesession.
Trousers
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yeah I do laugh it off, because I'm not a serious person, I laugh at everything, even in funerals. Yeah I can see everyones sick of me talking about him, but that doesnt make me stop. Proud of the obession - nope. Do I sound proud? no, its ruining my life and you think Im proud. Sorry hun, you got the wrong stick there.
I think, if you were ashamed of it, you wouldn't be telling everyone. If you hate it that much, why is it so difficult to stop?
AngelofnoColour
Rep:
?
(Original post by Trousers)
I think, if you were ashamed of it, you wouldn't be telling everyone. If you hate it that much, why is it so difficult to stop?
I dont know???? :confused:
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I dont know???? :confused:
Maybe you only think you love him, because its easy to love someone who won't return it.
Maybe your scared of loving someone who will love you back.

Or maybe i just don't have a clue what i'm on about.
AngelofnoColour
Rep:
?
(Original post by Iluvatar)
Maybe you only think you love him, because its easy to love someone who won't return it.
Maybe your scared of loving someone who will love you back.

Or maybe i just don't have a clue what i'm on about.
I think Im scared of rejection. Even though Its happened loads of times. Or maybe I don't know me well.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think Im scared of rejection. Even though Its happened loads of times. Or maybe I don't know me well.
Well its hard sometimes for people to know themselves, and what they truly need in their own lives. Maybe its fear of rejection, and by choosing a celebrity, someone who you know can't be with you, at least then you have a reason for the rejection. Maybe your more scared of being rejected, but not knowing why your rejected?
AngelofnoColour
Rep:
?
Well its hard sometimes for people to know themselves, and what they truly need in their own lives. Maybe its fear of rejection, and by choosing a celebrity, someone who you know can't be with you, at least then you have a reason for the rejection. Maybe your more scared of being rejected, but not knowing why your rejected?
Could be. Thanks!
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Could be. Thanks!
, well i'm not really an expert on this sort of thing. I've probably got so many relationship hang-ups its unbelievable.
But the most important thing is that you want to deal with it, and get over it.
All you probably need is to find the right person, and you'll forget about all of this.
AngelofnoColour
Rep:
?
, well i'm not really an expert on this sort of thing. I've probably got so many relationship hang-ups its unbelievable.
But the most important thing is that you want to deal with it, and get over it.
All you probably need is to find the right person, and you'll forget about all of this.
Self pity - I doubt Id ever find that person and I'm sure its Shane.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Trust me on this, you will find that person... I used to think the same way, but i know i was wrong, and now i'm happier than i ever have been.

You will find the guy you deserve, and he will make you understand the difference between the way you feel for Shane now, and true love.
Trousers
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Sorry to be blunt, but it is not Shane. This is why:

1) You have spoken to him for half an hour, and he might have seemed like a nice chap, but you DON'T KNOW HIM. Even when you're in a relatiionship, it takes a while to figure out whether yu're in love - this is because you have to get to know the person first. He could be completely different from how you perceive him to be.

2) If you're in love with someone, you want the best for them. In your obsession with this bloke, you have followed him around and tried your best to get close to him without ever considering his feelings. You also wish divorce upon him, which would be extremely upsetting and disrupting to his life. That's not love.

3) He's married.
pissface
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Being a stalker myself, i feel your pain, but Shane is MARRIED. Get a grip on yourself. You need to know when youre going over the top. You can't LOVE him. You've only talked to him for 30 minutes.
AngelofnoColour
Rep:
?
thanks for making me cry, I know you're all just trying to help, but I get hurt too easily.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (57)
23.95%
No (181)
76.05%

Watched Threads