Turn on thread page Beta

To, Creative writing geniuses/ romantic fools - HELP needed watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)
    thanks for making me cry, I know you're all just trying to help, but I get hurt too easily.
    Some people have no tact... but honestly now, do you really think that Shane is the person that you are meant to spend the rest of your life with?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    Some people have no tact... but honestly now, do you really think that Shane is the person that you are meant to spend the rest of your life with?
    probably not cos Id hate the limelight, but if he ever told me he loved me, then yeah. And I have to find out, so I will find him, get to know him and see what happens.

ReputationRep:
    probably not cos Id hate the limelight, but if he ever told me he loved me, then yeah. And I have to find out, so I will find him, get to know him and see what happens.
    Well if thats what you have to do to find out, then do it.

ReputationRep:
    Well if thats what you have to do to find out, then do it.
    I will. Thank you all for the advice and help! :tsr:

ReputationRep:
    :eek: i just read the whole thread..thought this thing you had about shane was all a joke..crikey!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Va Va Voom)
    :eek: you had about shane was all a joke..crikey!
    :eek:
    I like that advert va va voom.

ReputationRep:
    :confused: = me

ReputationRep:
    I will. Thank you all for the advice and help! :tsr:
    It seems to me that you only thank people for their help when they tell you what you want to hear. You really need to snap out of this - following him around until he says he loves you is neither practical nor sane. For one thing, even if he was someone you knew well, you shouldn't stalk people. For another thing, how do you think his wife will feel about this?

Honestly, I think Iluvatar's great, but if you follow his advice you will get locked up, and rightly so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trousers)
    Honestly, I think Iluvatar's great, but if you follow his advice you will get locked up, and rightly so.
    , thanks for that.
    But i do think that sometimes the best thing to do isn't the most intelligent.
    And i don't condone it, but i think if that is what she feels she needs to do to try to be happy, then it is important that she does it, even though in all honesty, i don't think it will do any good, but at least then she will see it, and maybe move on.

ReputationRep:
    , thanks for that.
    But i do think that sometimes the best thing to do isn't the most intelligent.
    And i don't condone it, but i think if that is what she feels she needs to do to try to be happy, then it is important that she does it, even though in all honesty, i don't think it will do any good, but at least then she will see it, and maybe move on.
    I can see where you're coming from - it's a nice romantic idea that I would be less willing to condemn if he wasn't married. But she's not going to just befriend this person as one normally would - she's going to seek him out and make sure he listens to her. That's stalking, which is a terrible thing for him to have to put up with. What's more, it won't do her state of mind any good at all - I think she would be better off trying to get over it, rather than going on some kind of quest for 'closure'.

ReputationRep:
    I can see where you're coming from - it's a nice romantic idea that I would be less willing to condemn if he wasn't married. But she's not going to just befriend this person as one normally would - she's going to seek him out and make sure he listens to her. That's stalking, which is a terrible thing for him to have to put up with. What's more, it won't do her state of mind any good at all - I think she would be better off trying to get over it, rather than going on some kind of quest for 'closure'.
    Maybe... it depends how she see's it. If its as the final thing, to find out once and for all whether its true or not, then it is probably something worth doing. If she isn't willing to give up after this though, then maybe not. Closure is only possible if the person actually wants it. If her problems are, as she said, with rejection, maybe it will help to face up to it, but maybe it won't.
    I don't know, i guess that its just the way i think about things now. I think its right for people to try to follow their heart... but i guess that it can't always happen that way.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe... it depends how she see's it. If its as the final thing, to find out once and for all whether its true or not, then it is probably something worth doing. If she isn't willing to give up after this though, then maybe not. Closure is only possible if the person actually wants it. If her problems are, as she said, with rejection, maybe it will help to face up to it, but maybe it won't.
    I don't know, i guess that its just the way i think about things now. I think its right for people to try to follow their heart... but i guess that it can't always happen that way.
    Are you a bit loved-up at the moment, by any chance? That's the impression I'm getting...

Well, I don't know what's going on in her head, but I don't think seeing this bloke again will do anything to calm her down. He's perfectly happy as he is, and she should leave him to get on with his life in peace - everyone deserves that. She doesn't seem to think about it from his point of view at all.

ReputationRep:
    i agree with 'trousers', but to be honest, i think it really is quite sad of her. how can someone be so obsessed with a person they claim to have spoken to for 30 minutes? and how can you 'be in love' with him? it just seems so bizzare

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Va Va Voom)
    i agree with 'trousers', but to be honest, i think it really is quite sad of her. how can someone be so obsessed with a person they claim to have spoken to for 30 minutes? and how can you 'be in love' with him? it just seems so bizzare
    I kind of know where she's coming from - women, in particular, can obsess over celebrities quite a lot, especially if they seem like the 'perfect man' that's lacking in their own life. But to obsess to this extent, and at Blue Angel's age, is really quite worrying.

ReputationRep:
    I kind of know where she's coming from - women, in particular, can obsess over celebrities quite a lot, especially if they seem like the 'perfect man' that's lacking in their own life. But to obsess to this extent, and at Blue Angel's age, is really quite worrying.
    Like you said women can obsess, but then when you mention my age its worrying :confused: :confused:
    How old do you think I am?

Theres a two-sided argument to this between both of you - trousers and Iluvavatar. And what I want to do is follow my heart, but then again there are dangers to it, and I dont want to hurt him. So I guess I have to choose between my heart and brain, and see which one has more advantages.
    But I will do that after my exam tomrow, *back to revision.*

I'm seeing Shane on the 27th Feb, at MEN arena. I will be there searching all hotels and shops at that weekend. Anyone want to join me?

ReputationRep:
    i so love this poem omg it is so beautiful i could actually cry

Valentine Carol Ann Duffy

Not a red rose or a satin heart.

I give you an onion.
    It is a moon wrapped in brown paper.
    It promises light
    like the careful undressing of love.

Here.
    It will blind you with tears
    like a lover.
    It will make your reflection
    a wobbling photo of grief.

I am trying to be truthful.

Not a cute card or kissogram.

I give you an onion.
    Its fierce kiss will stay on your lips,
    possessive and faithful
    as we are,
    for as long as we are.

Take it.
    Its platinum loops shrink to a wedding ring,
    if you like.
    Lethal.
    Its scent will cling to your fingers,
    cling to your knife.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magiccarpet)

I give you an onion.
    It promises light

Here.
    like a lover.

I give you an onion.
    possessive and faithful
    as we are,
    for as long as we are.

Take it.
    if you like.
    Lethal.
    cling to your knife.
    that is so beautiful I will use it, cheers.

ReputationRep:
    Like you said women can obsess, but then when you mention my age its worrying :confused: :confused:
    How old do you think I am?
    You're 19, right? You're old enough to vote - you're supposed to be a rational, clear-thinking adult. If you were 14 and ruled by your hormones, I would understand it more, that's all.

I'm seeing Shane on the 27th Feb, at MEN arena. I will be there searching all hotels and shops at that weekend. Anyone want to join me?
    Don't do it!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magiccarpet)

I give you an onion.
    It promises light

Here.
    like a lover.

I give you an onion.
    possessive and faithful
    as we are,
    for as long as we are.

Take it.
    if you like.
    Lethal.
    cling to your knife.
    I hated that poem so so badly.

ReputationRep:
    You're 19, right? You're old enough to vote - you're supposed to be a rational, clear-thinking adult. If you were 14 and ruled by your hormones, I would understand it more, that's all.
    Don't do it!!!
    Yeah I'm 19, and I am an adult, and I do act like an adult. Why shouldnt I do it? This is the best possibility of me meeting him again. I will find him, speak to him, get some photos of us together, tell him how he is effecting my life, and hopefully he will understand and maybe help me out. I would be so happy, it would make my day. I cant wait to kiss and hug him again.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.