The Student Room Group

Maths Portfolio - Introduction Help

I have the SL Type 1 Portfolio: Logarithm Bases. I've already solved the whole thing, but...I found out that you actually have to write a sort of "introduction" consisting of a few paragraphs. My teacher didn't explain what this was about, and this is my first time doing an IB maths portfolio. Would anyone please kindly give me some pointers or explain what is expected to be in the introduction of a maths portfolio? Or, does anyone have a sample portfolio that has a good introduction?
Reply 1
Well simply illustrate/outline what will you investigate in this portfolio, in this case logarithm bases, say what method will you use to investigate
Reply 2
I know, it is really hard when it comes to investigation portfolios, since it is purely mathematical based, and you cant say what you are looking for until you find it.

Now that you've finished the portfolio, write what you were looking for, which you would have actually found in the end, and what this portfolio helps you to understand, and analyze, in this case logarithms.

ThankQ
Reply 3
Thanks! :smile:
Reply 4
Hello!

Since you have finished your IA, could you help me?
I dont know what they mean by the nth term, or how to write the expression in p/q..how do we justify it with technology? I AM SOO CONFUSED! help please..

Thank you
Reply 5
To find the nth term, write out the pattern you find and replace the changing variable with n.

To write the expression in p/q, solve the numerator and then the denominator (separately), and write in a fraction form.

To justify using technology: graph it.
Reply 6
i am confused about one part...for finding p/q
for example i have log4 (64) = log 64 / log 4
= log (2^6) / log (2^2) is this how it is? or is it log2 (2^6) / log2 (2^2) and then be bring the exponents 6 and 2 infront of the log?
thanks to your 12 yrs ago self.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending