The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

FAQ: Ask A Current Student!

Scroll to see replies

Oh yeah, saturday duh, residents parking doesn't apply! Ignore me.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 581
Susanoo
x

norg
I'm not sure with Biomed. To be honest, I think the library has loads of supplies of books. Only thing I would suggest is get the books out just before the Easter holidays otherwise you own't get any come exam time.

Depends on the subject really. The Library is hideously lacking in core History books to the extent that they're always gone straight after the lectures. I'm not sure what it's like for other subjects but I ended up buying my core textbooks just for the ease rather than having to fight for them in the library. Then again with the arts the books aren't whacking great £50 things :biggrin:
Reply 582
ajp100688
Depends on the subject really. The Library is hideously lacking in core History books to the extent that they're always gone straight after the lectures. I'm not sure what it's like for other subjects but I ended up buying my core textbooks just for the ease rather than having to fight for them in the library. Then again with the arts the books aren't whacking great £50 things :biggrin:

Biomeds share quite a few modules with Med-gens in first year. I think it's like 5 out of 8. But there are loads of science books in the library and they are hardly used. Plus, you can use the Medical libraries at St. Pauls and Whitechapel where there are copious amounts too.
Reply 583
Quick question on Induction.
One of the dates clash with my driving test I want to get it out of the way before uni starts).
My driving thest is on the 24th Sept at 12:45.

On the same day

Friday 24 September- Induction for Mastering Biology (VLE) and clicker system in computer lab LRC2. You will be allocated to a time by a list in the foyer of the GE Fogg Building.

I'm really worried, I can't get another date for my driving test.
What should I do? ( Im a Biomed Student btw)
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 584
Susanoo
Quick question on Induction.
One of the dates clash with my driving test I want to get it out of the way before uni starts).
My driving thest is on the 24th Sept at 12:45.

On the same day

Friday 24 September- Induction for Mastering Biology (VLE) and clicker system in computer lab LRC2. You will be allocated to a time by a list in the foyer of the GE Fogg Building.

I'm really worried, I can't get another date for my driving test.
What should I do? ( Im a Biomed Student btw)

I think you get allocated a spot and time depending on surname and I'm pretty sure that there is a register. But saying that, we were the first year to use it so they may have made changes to the system since then. Although I think all you do is register yourself on it which you can do later on but you need some buzzword or something. I'm sure if you ask someone kindly they can note it down for you or something. Otherwise, speak to your advisor on Wednesday.
I'm just starting at QM. Just wanted to know how to log into our email accounts? I don't know my username or password...i used the ones on the MySiS, but they don't work and our timetables have been sent to our college email account, so i can't get my timetable without getting into my account. Do we have to be fully enrolled (completed pre-enrolment and college enrolment) to be able to access our email? Our college enrolment isn't until friday afternoon and our lectures/seminars begin on monday!!
Reply 586
Bluebubble
I'm just starting at QM. Just wanted to know how to log into our email accounts? I don't know my username or password...i used the ones on the MySiS, but they don't work and our timetables have been sent to our college email account, so i can't get my timetable without getting into my account. Do we have to be fully enrolled (completed pre-enrolment and college enrolment) to be able to access our email? Our college enrolment isn't until friday afternoon and our lectures/seminars begin on monday!!

When you enrol on Friday that's when you get the email, username and password. Word of advice, when you go in on Friday, enrol first then go to the introductory lectures. Otherwise you will be there for ages queuing up!
norg
When you enrol on Friday that's when you get the email, username and password. Word of advice, when you go in on Friday, enrol first then go to the introductory lectures. Otherwise you will be there for ages queuing up!

My introductory lectures have been spread out over this week, so i'm going in just for enrolment on Friday, but thank you! :smile:
Bluebubble
My introductory lectures have been spread out over this week, so i'm going in just for enrolment on Friday, but thank you! :smile:

If you want to get your Username and Password now you should be able to pop into IT Services which is in the Queens Building. This is the "main" white building with the clocktower in front of it.
Reply 589
If I were to have parcels and things delivered, would they go to the post room? I've walked past it a couple of times and wondered. And also, how are you notified if that happens?
cate1809
If I were to have parcels and things delivered, would they go to the post room? I've walked past it a couple of times and wondered. And also, how are you notified if that happens?

No. If it's small enough to fit in the post box in your halls, the post man will leave it there. If not, he'll leave a card and you can pick it up from the sorting office in Whitechapel.
Reply 591
Democracy
No. If it's small enough to fit in the post box in your halls, the post man will leave it there. If not, he'll leave a card and you can pick it up from the sorting office in Whitechapel.

Cheers!
Reply 592
How are student cards issued out? Do they take a photograph of you when you go to enrol? Thanks.
Reply 593
pippit
How are student cards issued out? Do they take a photograph of you when you go to enrol? Thanks.

Yep. That is pretty much it. :yep:
Reply 594
norg
Yep. That is pretty much it. :yep:

:biggrin: Cheers! It went quicker then I planned. ^^
Reply 595
pippit
:biggrin: Cheers! It went quicker then I planned. ^^

I've yet to find a single person happy with their photo :P
Reply 596
Rayel
I've yet to find a single person happy with their photo :P

Mine is awful. Truely awful.
Reply 597
.Scout.
Mine is awful. Truely awful.

Unfortunately, that is a tradition that has not been broken yet.
Reply 598
norg
Unfortunately, that is a tradition that has not been broken yet.

The lady taking my photo made me laugh, so the picture is of me half laughing,half smiling. I just look wierd. To make it worse, they have kinda stretched my face so I look all chubby :frown: Great stuck with it for four years!
Reply 599
Does anyone know how to check the emails for your own qmul email address from home ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending