Not good enough (relationships)... Watch

This discussion is closed.
No Future
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Do you every feel that you're just not good enough for them?
Do you wonder why they actually want to be with you? They could do so much better....What do they see in you?
What do you do when you feel they're too good for you? More intelligent, more funny, just a better person.
Harv616
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well if they are with you and want to be with you fine, But it wont last.

There will ALWAYS be someone better than you other there that your bf/gf could go with, and eventualy they will when they get bored of you. It may happen a few weeks after going out, could happen in 10 years, but it always happens.
Tyler Durden
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by BhArJ)

There will ALWAYS be someone better than you other there that your bf/gf could go with, and eventualy they will when they get bored of you. It may happen a few weeks after going out, could happen in 10 years, but it always happens.
Hey there you little ray of sunshine. :rolleyes:
SciFi25
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by BhArJ)

pessimistic aint u?
Harv616
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by englishstudent)
Hey there you little ray of sunshine. :rolleyes:
hi

and im realistic not pessemistic............
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by BhArJ)

Nice encouraging words there.

And why be so negative? Lack of confidence is one of the worst things you can have, won't help you at all.
Mad Vlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I feel this often... in relationships and out of relationships too... I have hardly any confidence in myself. I've always been passed off for a far superior model.

Nobody wants me
Zarathustra
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by No Future)
Do you wonder why they actually want to be with you? They could do so much better....What do they see in you?
What do you do when you feel they're too good for you? More intelligent, more funny, just a better person.
Speaking from experience, BhArJ is right :hmpf:

*hugs*

ZarathustraX
Harv616
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Makavelli_07)
Nice encouraging words there.

And why be so negative? Lack of confidence is one of the worst things you can have, won't help you at all.
lol because its true :rolleyes:

girls/guys ALWAYS judge people on looks when they first meet somebody. And weather they say they do or not they still judge you. So maybe they fall in love with you the first time they see you, whats going to stop them from doing that again? Maybe you have been friends for ages and you decide to go out, you already know everything about each other so you will get bored of each other. Some one else will just come along and bring a new *spark* into there life and theres not a sodding thing you can do because they are better than you in every way. Why do you think 1/2 of all marrages in the UK end in divorce?
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I understand what you mean, but having a lack of confidence won't help at all.

As you said people are always going to judge you on looks at first. I know people will say they don't, but they do. Then when you get talking to a bird you've met, if your really unconfident then they'll pick up on this. I doubt it's very attractive to a bird, so it's not a good thing.

Basically what im saying is that he should be more confident.
Harv616
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

As you said people are always going to judge you on looks at first. I know people will say they don't, but they do. Then when you get talking to a bird you've met, if your really unconfident then they'll pick up on this. I doubt it's very attractive to a bird, so it's not a good thing.

Been there, done that, got nothing back

Confidence doesnt mean a thing without anything else to back it up.
SciFi25
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Calling them birds probably wont help matters either, apparently according to my missus they dont like that!!
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by BhArJ)
Been there, done that, got nothing back

Confidence doesnt mean a thing without anything else to back it up.
I never said being confident is all you need, but it sure as hell helps.

(Original post by SciFi25)
Calling them birds probably wont help matters either, apparently according to my missus they dont like that!!
I can on the internet forum. I wouldn't otherwise.
Mad Vlad
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I never said being confident is all you need, but it sure as hell helps.

I can on the internet forum. I wouldn't otherwise.
You should always try and be yourself online as you would do offline IMO
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What I find quite amazing is that the last year or so I have found talking to the opposite sex very easy, I no longer get emberassed. What you realise when you grow out of your teens is that the opposite sex are not sex objects, they are real people just like you. You can be very good friends with them and nothing more.

I do admit however if I am at a bus stop and feel like talking to a random stranger its never a girl so I still lack confidence in that way.

You mustn't ever feel that you're not good enough for your partner and you partner should never make you feel this way.

The AT Lectures of Love - Series 1.
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Mad Vlad)
You should always try and be yourself online as you would do offline IMO
Oh i'm the same guy on here as i am offline, it's just that i'm not talking to people i know. If i knew that you would get offended by me referring to women as 'birds' then i wouldn't do it. Offline i know that the majority of my friends wouldn't like it, so i don't.

Does that make sense?
Mad Vlad
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Oh i'm the same guy on here as i am offline, it's just that i'm not talking to people i know. If i knew that you would get offended by me referring to women as 'birds' then i wouldn't do it. Offline i know that the majority of my friends wouldn't like it, so i don't.

Does that make sense?
Thats good then
katiesado
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
if you feel they are too good for you then figure out what it is you see lacking in yourself and make steps to remedy it. obviously your main problem is a lack of self-confidence. maybe you shouldn't date this person and take some time to be by yourself and figure out what you're good at and develop yourself more. you shouldn't be with someone who makes you feel bad about yourself even if it's in your own head. why waste time feeling unhappy?
horrorboy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
thats why you should date 'less attractive or appealing' than yourself, so you'l feel slightly better than them and have loads more confidence. Just make sure you like their personality
ladyshort4u
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
awwwww huni! heres a big hug :knuddel: Listen we all feel like that some days....but you kno what, you gota know that YOU ARE AMAZING! - look in the mirror each morning and tell urself that - see I was looking for that flattery website - You know the one where you type in your name and it gives you endless flattery lol - but I couldn't find it so here's me telling you

YOU ARE GORGEOUS
YOU ARE AMAZING
YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL
YOU ARE INTELLIGENT

lol - dont ever feel less than you are coz the minute you lose self esteem in yourself, it's the minute guys start to have less respect for you - think the world of yourself and have pride in yourself and you'll find guys feel the same!! And if any guy thinks they're above you then frankly THEY'RE NOT WORTH IT!

Love ya
Ladyshort
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.18%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.41%
Not great so far... (251)
35.65%
I want to drop out! (132)
18.75%

Watched Threads