The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
xyz19
thanks Fahim. reallly wanna know how you got full marks...

Ok listen there are certain writing styles Business Studies Questions has 4 levels

Level1- Theoretical Knowledge (technical terms and Book Elements)
Level2- Application (refer from the case)
Level3- Analysis (Cause of the point)
Level4- Evaluation ( Pros and Cons with Conclusion)

I will post some sample materials later u better check the examiners reports the answering style and the content makes a hell lot of difference for your grades
Reply 41
Fahim
Ok listen there are certain writing styles Business Studies Questions has 4 levels

Level1- Theoretical Knowledge (technical terms and Book Elements)
Level2- Application (refer from the case)
Level3- Analysis (Cause of the point)
Level4- Evaluation ( Pros and Cons with Conclusion)

I will post some sample materials later u better check the examiners reports the answering style and the content makes a hell lot of difference for your grades

this is what i'm stuck with. i'm doing my revision and thinking how can i answer in these levels. i have the marking scheme but it doesn't help. do you have examples on how to write according to these levels?
Reply 42
xyz19
this is what i'm stuck with. i'm doing my revision and thinking how can i answer in these levels. i have the marking scheme but it doesn't help. do you have examples on how to write according to these levels?

I will post some sample answers
Reply 43
thanks fahim, wid u around we dont need no toolkit
Reply 44
Fahim

Thanks Fahim, looking forward to.
Fahim

Just out of curiosity, are you Fahim sir who teaches in J.Lab? If so, one of you students will come to you regarding toolkits. The person he will be talking about is me. :smile:

On topic: I'm fairly certain there will be a question regarding motivation, similar to those mentioned here. I have a question though, do you guys plan to define every term you mention? I want to keep my answers short, but very specific (of course defining terms wherever i feel necessary).
btw how's this for a question, "How would a recession affect the sale of Vattenfall and Apoteket (pharmaceutical company in sweden)?"

Sounds like a good question to me, no reason why it cant be about recent ecominic conditions.
Reply 47
Yes Ayman I am the person u r talking about, but that is not important about toolkit I have posted everything that I am giving to my students. Now I am working with some unit 4 materials will be posting that too. As far as ur question is concerned I wont rule out its importance but the problem is the case is so short that it is tough to relate ur answer from the case. About recession and other economic consideration there is no room of Level 2 (Application)

Still I will jolt down some economic problems and post it ASAP and a u have to define terms as it covers level 1 for the answers.
Reply 48
Nes
hey ive got some unit and four answers written, but i really wanted someone professional to check the answers before sharing it with someone else, will you help me? the unit questions are the common ones and answered in general, and unit one are the answers to the question that i found out.all i want you to do is chek it aprove it then i will share it with the others in this forum.

Ok Nes u mail me ur answers I will check them I need some tym as i am chckng my students copies now I will reply by 2mrw here is my E-mail [email protected]
Reply 49
will do! :smile:
Reply 50
Fahim

Bro I think....you should post ASAP :smile:
Reply 51
A question about one of fahim's question..
evaluate the extent to whcich job design can help the worders of private sectorss to inprove productivity.

job design is from motivation, but doesnt productivity here fall under the marketing of unit 2, if not,then plz explain. :smile:
Reply 52
1 more question, that part of the case where they said that some workers found themselves 'enjoying' better, more glamorous position in the privatised firms, where they low level workers before privatisation? or did that mean that they started at low level posts and climbded their way up the hierarchiar ladder and were in better positions already, the privatisation just changed their positions from being normal to more erm...what do i say, ..more attractive position? EXPLAIN that particular line plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
Reply 53
anyone know the best source to revise from for edexcel 6916 applied business - investigating people at work?? thanks for your help
Reply 54
Nes
1 more question, that part of the case where they said that some workers found themselves 'enjoying' better, more glamorous position in the privatised firms, where they low level workers before privatisation? or did that mean that they started at low level posts and climbded their way up the hierarchiar ladder and were in better positions already, the privatisation just changed their positions from being normal to more erm...what do i say, ..more attractive position? EXPLAIN that particular line plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

If u read the paragh it says ppl who joined as grass root level employees are now finding themselves in goods position as in they are promoted after privatization and now they are earning fortune. Moreover, the last line says some workers doesnt deserve the position they are capturing thus we can conclude...........unskilled workers got promoted after privatization
Reply 55
in the case study, line 10.. what does floatation mean..?
Is it:
the issue of shares in a company for the first time on a stock exchange
Reply 56
:frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::
Reply 57
okay, answer of two questions are waiting to be approved by the famous fahim, once they get the green signal it gets posted in here.lol :smile:
Reply 58
I have been reading these...and i guess i shud also get myself involved in it too...

The Chapters really important wud

*Motivation
*Problems of privatizing Natural Monopolies or
*Macro Economics or external variables that can affect the industries.

For Sweden

*Critical Evaluation of why privatising V&S as it is already so profitable and privatising it might pack a large punch to the Swedish gov...

*How will sweden deregulate its pharmaceutical monopoly?...

Here are some of the things i think wud be really imp...will be posting some more
Reply 59
welcum hebody!