Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I've got a place at Lancaster for October. Trying to decide which college would be the best to apply for and to be honest i'm a bit baffled by which is best! I understand that each college has it's own merits but just wondering if any existing/previous students could give their opinions on the best?

At the moment I was looking at Pendle?

Dan

ReputationRep:
    I visted pendle on an open day. That was nice but didn't see nay of the ensuite rooms. The ones which have been rebuilt such as lonsdale I think and another one was really good too. Massive kitchens, ensuite etc. I think county is the one to avoid as the rooms are really bad and maybe the one in the tower block.

ReputationRep:
    As I'm sure FrisbeeFan will testify, County is definitely NOT one to avoid! I saw a couple of rooms there went I visited it last year, and they seem fine to me... plus the kitchen seemed well equipped.

ReputationRep:
    just out of interest, which other unis have u guys applied?

ReputationRep:
    Pendle looked cool to me on open day but apparently its hard to get into that college? So i dunno which college i will go for yet :/

(Original post by *hedgehog*)
    I visted pendle on an open day. That was nice but didn't see nay of the ensuite rooms. The ones which have been rebuilt such as lonsdale I think and another one was really good too. Massive kitchens, ensuite etc. I think county is the one to avoid as the rooms are really bad and maybe the one in the tower block.
    On my open day the student took us round County even though it is old and therefore not so pretty because it is nearest to the drama department (so we would be able to get up and be close to lectures lol) and despite being old it was really nice. The rooms where of quite a good size and seemed really cozy and the kitchen area was also good. Don't really know anything about the other colleges though-apart from what I have read in the booklet they sent me..

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies

I've got a few mates who are already over there but they're obviously bias about which college is best (usually suggesting their own whether it's a dump or not! Hehe)

I'm going over there soon so will have a look.

Is anyone else going to be going on a Management School open day this/next month?

Dan

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i am going on 26th for open day. Have applied of Management with year in north america.

ReputationRep:
    Im going to the management with yr in america open day on wednesday 16th feb

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kew96158)
    As I'm sure FrisbeeFan will testify, County is definitely NOT one to avoid! I saw a couple of rooms there went I visited it last year, and they seem fine to me... plus the kitchen seemed well equipped.

The County Main bedrooms are nice, much larger than Grizedale's, which have been likened to prison cells...County West ones aren't as good though, and I don't know about the ones in the John Creed building. I'd say go for County, but obviously I'd say County's the best seeing as I belong to it! Good luck in your choice anyway!

ReputationRep:
    Lol. I'll take a look at County when I go

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.