Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    When it comes to accepting or rejecting you on results day, how much below offers are unis willing to go?

I'd specifically like some info about mats at the unis that i've applied to (see below) but i'm other stuff'll help

ReputationRep:
    iv heard that once u put bath as a firm or insurance theyr very keen to hold on to you, as in theyll do pretty much anything to accomodate u, whether its let u in on lower grades or put u on as similar a course as possible to wat uv applied for that isnt too full.

im not too sure about the others tho... i think it just depends year to year how everyone else does and how oversubscribed the course is.

ReputationRep:
    how bout for law at, say, LSE or UCL. If the offer was AAA are they likely to accept you if you get AAB?

How bout if the offer was AAB, would they accept you on ABB (as some applicants have recieved ABB offers) ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/display...,13429,00.html <=contains the ACTUAL a level average of the students accepted (and therefore a clearer idea of which grades they're likely to accept come results day regardless of what they ask for in offers).

Note it's an average - so for a uni with an average of 26 points they take as many people with BBB as they do people with AAB....
    so what do the points mean? Are these the subject tables from the times good university guide?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    They're from the Times Good University Guide yes.

because the Times used 2001/02 data for their 2005 edition (!!!) the points are still in old money (best 3 A levels, 10 for an A, 8 for a B etc etc). The other league tables are using more recent data (2002/03) but they don't provide people with the raw data, only the data transofrmed into a mark out of 100.

In May 2005 the Times will be using the 2002/03 data and so will have A level intake averages based on the UCAS Tariff rather than the old points system. And because they're the Times they'll call the 2002/03 data the 2006 edition :rolleyes:
    Ok cheers, also they then wont take into account different courses but put them as the same subject e.g. manchester has 2 different Economics courses a BA and BSc, with different entry requirements..

ReputationRep:
    I think some uni's/courses will lower the requirements during clearing.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.