The Student Room Group

Transferring University

I'm a first year undergrad student and I was considering either transferring into second year at another uni, or redoing first year at another uni. Whilst the first option does seem a lot more appealing, it may be quite difficult especially as the universities I looked at required application during the UCAS window. Does anyone know what I can do and how I can go about with applications?
You need to submit a UCAS application to transfer.

Are you sure the universities you’re considering have closed their courses? Universities will often stay open for yr 2 entry applications past the UCAS deadline (and loads of courses are still open for yr 1 applications).
Most universities have on their website that you should apply via UCAS and on UCAS the courses I like say "Closed For Entry". Is there a feature which shows courses that are still open?
Original post by wingedangel
Most universities have on their website that you should apply via UCAS and on UCAS the courses I like say "Closed For Entry". Is there a feature which shows courses that are still open?

Have you filtered for year 2 entry?

The only reliable way to find out is to pick up the phone and ring them.

(Fwiw - MOST courses are still open for yr 1 and yr 2 entry, if you find that most of the universities you look at are closed then you need to widen your search - something like 90% of courses are still open).
(edited 1 year ago)
Have you filtered for year 2 entry?

The only reliable way to find out is to pick up the phone and ring them.

(Fwiw - MOST courses are still open for yr 1 and yr 2 entry, if you find that most of the universities you look at are closed then you need to widen your search - something like 90% of courses are still open).

where do I do that? Is that done by clicking 2022-2023 entry?
Original post by wingedangel
where do I do that? Is that done by clicking 2022-2023 entry?

It’s on course search on ucas. You can filter for open courses and year of entry.
Ok, thanks so much
It’s on course search on ucas. You can filter for open courses and year of entry.

Quick Reply