This discussion is closed.
SophistiCat
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Firstly, I apologise if there are other threads regarding this.

If you treated your degree as a 9 to 5 job (as in working a set amount every day-not in the boring, soul destroying type way) would you probably be doing TOO much or enough?

I'm trying to figure out how much time one should spend studying to get a quality degree (ie my ambition is to get a first- probably won't, but I can try it's not my only ambition, I'm not quite THAT sad!)
ChemistBoy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by SophistiCat)
Firstly, I apologise if there are other threads regarding this.

If you treated your degree as a 9 to 5 job (as in working a set amount every day-not in the boring, soul destroying type way) would you probably be doing TOO much or enough?

I'm trying to figure out how much time one should spend studying to get a quality degree (ie my ambition is to get a first- it's not my only ambition, I'm not quite THAT sad!)
For me in my last two years I was doing 9-5 most weekdays just on lectures and labs so I obviously had to put more work in than that.
Elles
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by SophistiCat)
as the other thread said multiple times.. completely depends on the subject/university/natural aptitude etc.

but to make this completely me-centric :p: no, i don't think it would be enough.

mainly because i have university contact time till at least 11am every day, & a few days a week until 1pm.
then one day a week i have an afternoon lecture. & a few afternoons a term i have a course.
so my free time between the period 9-5, taking into account the time needed to eat lunch/walk/break, simply isn't enough to do all the work i have for tutorials. working evenings/weekends is inevitable.

plus my tutes are normally 4/5/6pm, so they'd break the time rule too..

but, if you did a very self directed art course, it would probably be do-able?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (65)
23.13%
No (216)
76.87%

Watched Threads