Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VixenIW)
    aaaah, I like lifehouse - they is cool Spin is one of my favourite ever tunes
    Spin's cool, but none of their songs will ever replace Somewhere in Between for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhoenixSTL)
    Spin's cool, but none of their songs will ever replace Somewhere in Between for me
    Yes, that is a lovely song. And I think 'Everything' is absolutely beautiful
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Back line ideal!

www.myspace.com/backlineideal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Syntax)
    Controller.Controller

awesome, awesome band...as are TV on the Radio. But Controller.Controller are even better

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't say any of these were unheard of but people i've spoken to have no clue about:

The Subways
    The go! team
    Le Tigre

Oh and i guess The Bravery but they're pretty well documented about, and are gonna be massive this year if you believe all you read, certainly hope so, album is wicked!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JasonPaver)
    Bands bands bands, please post the names of bands most people will be unaware of, but you rate highly, either emerging or just plain unheard of.
    freefaller
    fightstar

ReputationRep:
    OOOOh I see lots of love for the Go team,tv on the radio and lcd soundsystem on here!
    I'll have to add The Dears,The Rapture and........Beth Orton

ReputationRep:
    Sublime (reggae/punk)
    The Weakerthans (sweet emo/rock music)
    Propagandhi (hardcore(political))

oh and Audio Karate and Fenix Tx are good for fans of lagwagon/millencolin/the vandals, etc

and for anyone who likes weezer, check out Ozma - some of their songs are amazingly crafted punk/rock songs, they are very similar to weezer in places but if you like one you're likely to like the other

i imagine lots of people will have heard of most of these bands, but its what i'm listening to at the moment and i think they're all ace :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MC REN)
    Sublime (reggae/punk)
    I've heard of them...only heard one track ("seed") which i happened to like.

ReputationRep:
    oh, some more...

metalheads out there check out Dragonforce and Three Inches Of Blood (and GWAR actually)

www.deadweight.tk <--- my friends metal band, theres 2 mp3s i think on the site, now i bet none of you have heard of them :aetsch:

and one more... They Might Be Giants are fairly well known but very obscure and very good (in most places)

ah theres so many more i keep thinking of but i'll leave it now

(Original post by BhArJ)
    Papa Roach, The Dresden Dolls and Billy Talent
    I thought they were all rather well known bands

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    People wouldn't have heard of them if they're not into that music....

The Movie Life
    Silverstein
    Brand New
    My Chemical Romance (as i said in the first line)
    A Static Lullaby
    Atreyu
    Element Eighty

I could list more, but i'll stop there.
    but all those bands are big :confused: well they are in the punk scene anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    I've heard of them...only heard one track ("seed") which i happened to like.
    yeah seed is good, if thats the one i think it is thats the more 'hardcore' edge of them

"Santeria" is very good, so are "Wrong Way", "Date Rape" and "Pool Shark"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serious narb)
    but all those bands are big :confused: well they are in the punk scene anyway
    yeah, movielife are sweet though :cool:

(Original post by amazingtrade)
    I like out-indiying people though I was quite pleased though when I saw this tiny unkown band called the Bravery and now they are quite big.

Hopefully the Performance can stay may secret for a while, I doubt anybody has heared or seen them on here
    It is like when I saw Razorlight a very long time ago when they weren't even signed or anything and now look at them...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparklyteacosie)
    It is like when I saw Razorlight a very long time ago when they weren't even signed or anything and now look at them...
    hmm, all the good 'young' (careerwise) bands i've seen still have no career

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MC REN)
    yeah, movielife are sweet though :cool:
    Movilife are awesome, great live, shame they split up

ReputationRep:
    countermine!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DRWallace)
    Biffy Clyro!

Click my sig for more info.
    Love Biffy Clyro at the moment, I want to catch them on their new UK tour, but they aren't coming to Nottingham

ReputationRep:
    Edguy :p:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 27, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.