Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    CONKERS ARE BANNED AT SCHOOL :mad: :mad:

.... Unless you get a set of Science Dept. chemistry goggles - they you're allowed to play.

HSE.

ReputationRep:
    www.standupspeakup.com

I'm waiting to get one from here

ReputationRep:
    hmm this is true, has anyone seent he racism one? how you supposed to wear it?
    Fashion these days...

ReputationRep:
    I'm after a breast cancer one, I support the cause and I like pink things!!

ReputationRep:
    why are so many people complaining about people using them as a fashion craze?

they've been bought and paid for so what?

the bigger they become the more money the charity gets...right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lessthanthree)
    I want the breastcancer one, but I'm having a hard time finding an official one in england.

everyone seems to think those livestrong bands that aren't yellow are for different forms of cancer. Honestly, if they had even the faintest sense of what the L.A.F was they'd feel dumb.
    http://fundraising.breastcancercare.org.uk/Shop

£2.50 inc postage, bargain!!

EDIT: have just realised you have to buy at least 5, but it2 still only £6.50 and you have some spares

ReputationRep:
    Where can you buy the racism ones (once they are out in the shops)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by enigmatic)
    I heard that they will be at most major sports shops, JJB/ JD Sports/Sports World etc. I think about £2? and 6th Feb.

how helpful am I?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by enigmatic)
    You can get them from the Nike shop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobb_theprequel)
    You can get them from the Nike shop.
    From the 6th Feb?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slice'N'Dice)
    From the 6th Feb?
    Dunno, I've got a mate who works there - and he's already got some (which he's selling at a sickening profit :P).

I'm not sure when they're released to the public, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobb_theprequel)
    Dunno, I've got a mate who works there - and he's already got some (which he's selling at a sickening profit :P).

I'm not sure when they're released to the public, though.
    Thats whats wrong with the craze, the profits should be going to charity, not some guy whose managed to get his hand on a load. I'm all for buying that bands etc, so long as people remember what its for

ReputationRep:
    iv a bully band and a poverty band. it's not merely a fashion band, but more importantly a band to show that you are aware of the goings on and that you support the charities helping to alleviate the problems. i paid £1 for my poverty band, but i just could not help but give more. everywhere i go if i have change i will give it to charity: however small: 1p's 2p's......every little helps and makes a difference.

i urge everyone to do the same too.

today water company around my area closed off our water supply from 9am-5pm. family was getting stressed about how they were going to cope without the water: and it made me think. people from poorer countries probably don't see water in a week: if they do it's only unsanitized water from the river and it has really brought things into perspective for me. i can't even live without water for 8hours...god knows how those people in poorer countries cope.

so please everyone, (i dnt care if i have violated a rule or anything), give money to the 3rd world and charities for the benefit of the future!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Thats whats wrong with the craze, the profits should be going to charity, not some guy whose managed to get his hand on a load. I'm all for buying that bands etc, so long as people remember what its for
    The money does initially go to charity. But if insecure people feel the need to pay over the odds for a piece of plastic - then I think it's fair game for people to rip them off. I'd do the same.

I don't exactly think that Nike are marketing these bands, purely out of concern for humanitarian causes - it's a big PR coup (to reverse their sweatshop stigma).

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know where you can get the stamp out racism bands from?

ReputationRep:
    The Nike shop.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know where you can get the anti-bullying ones?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)
    Can you still get those? I thought Radio 1 had stopped sending them out now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)
    bbc.co.uk/onelife used to have them but thier out of Stock.

You can get the "Make poverty history" one from OXFAM shops for £1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anisah)
    Does anyone know where you can get the stamp out racism bands from?

from the 6th of feb I think.

Is it just a football thing though?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.