This discussion is closed.
Dude
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I know this will sound really stupid, but I am really p****d off about this.

I tuned into Blue Peter yesterday for the first time in ages (mainly cos I heard they had a fit new presenter) and at the end they showed a picture of two kids who had sent in a drawing. And they got a Blue Peter badge for it. I remember the days when you had to be in the Top 50 of a compertition or be on the show to get one of those things and I always wanted one. And all you have to now is send in a picture of the Presenters :mad: . What are they playing at?

End Rant, thank you for wasting 30 seconds of your life to read this.
Slice'N'Dice
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
They give badges to anyone these days. Are there not different colours or something? Anyone know what the different colours represent? Heh.
enigmatic
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Blue Peter just brings back memories of forgetting to record the episode of how to make Tracey Island from Thunderbirds
amo1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
hymm looking for new presenter
Dude
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by Slice'N'Dice)
They give badges to anyone these days. Are there not different colours or something? Anyone know what the different colours represent? Heh.
If memory serves there was the common one (white background with the blue ship of the front), the bronse one, the silver one and the every most wanted Gold Blue Peter Badge (you had to be elite to get one of them)
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I've got a Blue Peter Badge, but then I actually won a competition.
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I want a blue peter badge!
undiscovered
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Ooh, what comp?!
Charlottie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I got one for winning a competition too, although I didn't do much, I just knew who'd won the tour de france the previous year.
SsEe
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Instead of, "do you want a medal", you should say, "do you want a Blue Peter badge".
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by SiAnY)
Ooh, what comp?!
I had to design a front cover for the 'Big Bash' newspaper. Won a PlayStation as well. Sadly, they didn't pick mine to be the actual cover. (They used the winner of the oldest age group instead, despite it being ****. Bloody ageists.)
undiscovered
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Wow, clever peeps hehe. I never bothered to enter any competitions...
Slice'N'Dice
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by SiAnY)
Wow, clever peeps hehe. I never bothered to enter any competitions...
Same here. I think I entered one some time ago though. :rolleyes:
Tyler Durden
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by enigmatic)
Blue Peter just brings back memories of forgetting to record the episode of how to make Tracey Island from Thunderbirds
Oh, bad luck.

I recorded it and made the Island with my granny. It was awesome.
ShOrTcAkE
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
ooooooh...i want one....never actually got round to entering their comps because i never thought i'd win....waste of postage and all!
planetzod
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Haven't watched blue peter for years but I won a badge in a competition in 1997. It was a small round one that said Blue peter competition badge. I thought you had to actually be on the show to win a proper shield shaped badge so I guess sending in a picture does seem a bit easy. Gold badges were really really rare. I've lost mine now but I still have the letter and the list of places I can get in free
Rock n Roll Eyes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
but weren't the competition winners badges crappier than the proper shield shaped ones? they always seemed a bit cheap... up with the classic!
planetzod
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
yeah the competition badges were crappier. you had to do something special to get a proper badge
ToshTrent
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
I know this will sound really stupid, but I am really p****d off about this.

I tuned into Blue Peter yesterday for the first time in ages (mainly cos I heard they had a fit new presenter) and at the end they showed a picture of two kids who had sent in a drawing. And they got a Blue Peter badge for it. I remember the days when you had to be in the Top 50 of a compertition or be on the show to get one of those things and I always wanted one. And all you have to now is send in a picture of the Presenters :mad: . What are they playing at?

End Rant, thank you for wasting 30 seconds of your life to read this.
Anyway, more importantly. Is the new presenter fit? N is it Male or Female?
M-J
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
what presenter did they ditch?

i know i used to always want a bp badge but i cant draw and seeming all the competions involved drawing....why couldnt they give really hard math formula and ask to solve them if x= 12345324324356646
i could have had more of a chance at tht
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (2)
9.52%
They might tell the bully (4)
19.05%
I don't think they'd understand (3)
14.29%
It might lead to more bullying (7)
33.33%
There's nothing they could do (5)
23.81%

Watched Threads