Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    From the BP website:

How can I win a Blue Peter badge?
    Blue Peter badges are awarded to children under 16 years old. There are five badges - Blue, Silver, Green, Gold and the Competition badge.

Blue badges are awarded for interesting letters, good ideas for the programme, stories, poems, pictures and for having appeared on the programme.

To win a Silver badge you have to do something different from what you did to win your Blue badge. For instance, if you won a Blue badge for an interesting letter; you could win a Silver one by sending us a picture or poem.

Green badges are awarded for letters and pictures with a conservation and environmental theme.

Gold badges are only awarded for really outstanding achievements - for instance, saving somebody's life or extreme bravery.

Competition badges are for winners of Blue Peter competitions.

[Or you could just get one for being famous, like Madonna or the queen].

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToshTrent)
    Anyway, more importantly. Is the new presenter fit? N is it Male or Female?
    If I'm a guy, what do you think?

The old one wasn't gotten rid of, she just got pregrant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amo1)
    hymm looking for new presenter
    New Presenter ?

ReputationRep:
    my my, i rushed home to see if it was true.........
    shes quite hot isnt she........though a tad too much make up on, and the earings didnt suit....

ReputationRep:
    i got one when i went with a friend when he did some yoyoing on it. it's like a proper presenters one, :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M-J)
    my my, i rushed home to see if it was true.........
    shes quite hot isnt she........though a tad too much make up on, and the earings didnt suit....
    You can see the reason I tuned in though. Reminds me of the days when I tuned in for Katy Hill.

Anywaz, back on topic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    You can see the reason I tuned in though. Reminds me of the days when I tuned in for Katy Hill.

Anywaz, back on topic.
    katy hill was nice in her time
    everyone used to say i would become a BP presenter, now they want me to be a doctor...... :rolleyes: so similar.....all my teachers used to say it was the perfect job for me too.....

maybe one day.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    I know this will sound really stupid, but I am really p****d off about this.

I tuned into Blue Peter yesterday for the first time in ages (mainly cos I heard they had a fit new presenter) and at the end they showed a picture of two kids who had sent in a drawing. And they got a Blue Peter badge for it. I remember the days when you had to be in the Top 50 of a compertition or be on the show to get one of those things and I always wanted one. And all you have to now is send in a picture of the Presenters :mad: . What are they playing at?

End Rant, thank you for wasting 30 seconds of your life to read this.
    well hey! look on the bright side!!......here's your chance to get one! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M-J)
    katy hill was nice in her time
    everyone used to say i would become a BP presenter, now they want me to be a doctor...... :rolleyes: so similar.....all my teachers used to say it was the perfect job for me too.....

maybe one day.....
    Being a BP presenter is possibly the greatest jop in the world cos all you have to do is appear for 25 mins on the tv, three times a week. And in return you get paid to be sent around the world

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trousers)
    To win a Silver badge you have to do something different from what you did to win your Blue badge. For instance, if you won a Blue badge for an interesting letter; you could win a Silver one by sending us a picture or poem.
    Well. They really do give them to anyone nowadays, don't they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Being a BP presenter is possibly the greatest jop in the world cos all you have to do is appear for 25 mins on the tv, three times a week. And in return you get paid to be sent around the world
    exactly........and today the had a disco dancing dog and man blowing bubbles....in the sudio....i'd be terrible at the making thigs stuff though, i'd have to do the cooking/ baking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    Well. They really do give them to anyone nowadays, don't they?
    Which is the point of this thread :mad: .

(Original post by M-J)
    exactly........and today the had a disco dancing dog and man blowing bubbles....in the sudio....i'd be terrible at the making thigs stuff though, i'd have to do the cooking/ baking
    You seem to be forgetting one thing though. They pay loads of money to people to make those things and the presenters claim the creit. Did you ever believe the "And heres one I made eariler"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Did you ever believe the "And heres one I made eariler"?
    its like the day i found out santa didnt excist
    i was four then.....this actually hurts more....

I thought to be on bp you had to be good at art, it used to be THE only thing they gave bp badges for......evedently if i was under 16 i'd now stand a chance of getting one

ReputationRep:
    I've got a Blue Peter badge!!

My friend was on the show and he gave it to me in return for a lend of my Mario Kart 64 :P

ReputationRep:
    I got a BP badge because I worked for Children's BBC over the christmas break and I was on a blue peter show - well backstage working off course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    I've got a Blue Peter Badge, but then I actually won a competition.
    Me too

ReputationRep:
    you badge winners must be artistic..... damn you!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.