The Student Room Group

Grrr i hate my math teacher

I had a parents' night at my school tonight. My parents decided they wanted to see my maths teacher. So, when they go to see her, she says that my grades have had a huge dip in them but they have started to rise again and then goes on and on about how i have to 100% start studying at home...so my dad turns round and tells me i'm not allowed on my computer during the week anymore! :frown: If she had just kept her mouth shut, he wouldn't say that :frown:. So yeah, i dont like her anymore.
Reply 1
need_money
I had a parents' night at my school tonight. My parents decided they wanted to see my maths teacher. So, when they go to see her, she says that my grades have had a huge dip in them but they have started to rise again and then goes on and on about how i have to 100% start studying at home...so my dad turns round and tells me i'm not allowed on my computer during the week anymore! :frown: If she had just kept her mouth shut, he wouldn't say that :frown:. So yeah, i dont like her anymore.

so your not ment to be on the comp now?
need_money

Heaven forbid - if you do some work you might even pass the damn exams! :eek:
Just do the work and your teacher and dad will shut up :p:
Reply 4
It seems that compulsary subject teachers (e.g. math, english, science) are quite mean. That is just my opinion.
Do the work then you can prove to your Dad that you can.
Reply 6
need_money

The bitch

Cant you pretend you are doing work on the compywert? Thats what I used to say to the 'rents then went on other stuff but kept a page of work or whatever minimized and bring it up wen I heard them coming

Cunning eh? :biggrin:
Reply 7
VixenIW
The bitch

Cant you pretend you are doing work on the compywert? Thats what I used to say to the 'rents then went on other stuff but kept a page of work or whatever minimized and bring it up wen I heard them coming

Cunning eh? :biggrin:

Yeah so cunning that i thought of it 2 years ago. :p: :biggrin:

My dad knows i do that so that's why he's telling me i'm not allowed on it at all until the weekends.

P.S I'm only on it now cos he is starting it from tomorrow, i think.
Reply 8
Will your parents let you on the computer on friday (should be a day to relax after the week of school)? :p:
Reply 9
awww...actully you can really use the internet as a helping thingie you'd be shocked how much it will help you
Reply 10
need_money
Yeah so cunning that i thought of it 2 years ago. :p: :biggrin:

My dad knows i do that so that's why he's telling me i'm not allowed on it at all until the weekends.

P.S I'm only on it now cos he is starting it from tomorrow, i think.

2 years ago??? I was never that cunning when I was younger, Im still learning cunning ways :p: Ok, you could stay off the compywert for a couple of days work reeeeaaally hard to impress him then he might be so amazed that he lays off the law.

Surely there cant be that much maths to do that you cant go on the compywert AT ALL :eek:
Reply 11
VixenIW
2 years ago??? I was never that cunning when I was younger, Im still learning cunning ways :p: Ok, you could stay off the compywert for a couple of days work reeeeaaally hard to impress him then he might be so amazed that he lays off the law.

Surely there cant be that much maths to do that you cant go on the compywert AT ALL :eek:

There definately isnt at GCSE, thats for sure
Reply 12
trev
Will your parents let you on the computer on friday (should be a day to relax after the week of school)? :p:

Yeah they will :smile:
need_money
Yeah they will :smile:

So just Monday - Thursday you won't be allowed on?
Reply 14
Maybe you should set up another system with them. For example, letting them see what work you have and then when you have done it, show them until they are satisfied and then you get your own free time. It is likely they will get sick of checking what you have and havent done over time..........in my experience it has been anyway

good luck
Reply 15
Slice'N'Dice
So just Monday - Thursday you won't be allowed on?

Ayep. :smile:
My maths teacher said I should break down the syllabus into topics and do one a week until I get it right. She was very nice, despite my pathetic-ness in maths. She complemented me on my coursework and made me feel very positive.

Now, however, I just feel I'll screw it up.
Reply 17
:rolleyes: Yeah, how mean of your Maths teacher...she wants you to do well. Honestly, teachers these days...

Latest

Trending

Trending