Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrOdiGy_)
    emotion is for the weak :P
    Vulcan!!

ReputationRep:
    I understand your point, the amount of fake emotion that people give, either to make themselves feel good or that they feel they have to give, reduces the amount of real emotion people see, as so many people end up putting on fake personalitys just to feel accepted or to stop themselves from appearing 'depressing,' therefore people who really need to talk often don't feel they can...
    Hmmm...hope that makes sense, my brain is fried from english coursework!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowkin)
    I know what you mean. It seems so superficial. You really want to grab the closest, sharp impliment...But thats humans for you. Pathetic creatures of havoc.
    superficial is the word i was looking for to describe it. thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saiyamana)
    Vulcan!!
    live long and prosper

*stupid hand thing*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eeyore)
    seems a bit OTT when they hug each other every time they have to part to go to a lesson when they'll see each other again in an hour! :p:
    EDIT: And I'm *by no means* a love hater, thank you very much!
    Omg, people actually do that. Still nothing wrong with it though, but I for sure do not do that, my mates would think Im desperate or summit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)
    up to what point? Is it just too sickly/corny for all you Love haters.
    its just annoying to think you have to rely on others to get by, i mean a typical girl who hates going places on her own (even if its 5 metres away from her gang) and hugs friends etc, looks so odd and uncomfortable on her own

ReputationRep:
    emotion is for the weak :P
    I agree*tries to swallow her tears*

ReputationRep:
    Omg, people actually do that. Still nothing wrong with it though, but I for sure do not do that, my mates would think Im desperate or summit.
    I see it all the time at my school and I think it's really pathetic! My English teacher was commenting on it just the other day, so it's not just me! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saturn)
    i dunno why it just does. I mean for example when girls hug each other and make a fuss it just annoys me is anyone else like this?
    Also when bad events happen in the past or history everyone has loads of sympathy and yet people are all to willing to just kill animals and think nothing of it.
    I think this is partly why it annoys me humans are so stuck up and think they are so superior, all this need for 'love and support' is pathetic compared to what animals go through
    I too dispise emoticons, they just seem so pointless.

ReputationRep:
    Well, seen as though this topic is about over emotional people. I dislike people who cry all the time, for reasons, like they failed an exam, split up with a boyfriend who theyve known for a week, fell down and bruised there ankle. I know alot of people that cry alot, and it annoys me soooo much, arghhhhhh, I could never cry in public, I hide when I cry in the cinema, lol. God, there are people who are starving and dieing in the world, and these lot just cry other stupid little reasons.

ReputationRep:
    its just annoying to think you have to rely on others to get by, i mean a typical girl who hates going places on her own (even if its 5 metres away from her gang) and hugs friends etc, looks so odd and uncomfortable on her own
    Yeah that it totally pathetic! Lots of girls at school won't even cross the common room to the vending machine without another girl going with her. Then when they're on their own, they get all embarrassed and say that they'll look like a "loner". Grow up, people!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habosh)
    I agree*tries to swallow her tears*
    not sure ive heard that expression before............you must cry a lot hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    I too dispise emoticons, they just seem so pointless.
    lol, you need to spend less time on msn m8, emoticons..... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i dunno why it just does. I mean for example when girls hug each other and make a fuss it just annoys me is anyone else like this?
    Also when bad events happen in the past or history everyone has loads of sympathy and yet people are all to willing to just kill animals and think nothing of it.
    I think this is partly why it annoys me humans are so stuck up and think they are so superior, all this need for 'love and support' is pathetic compared to what animals go through
    I know what you mean. A lot of people go through life without ever really feeling anything. For many, life is just a big, pink, ball of bubblegum with less meaning than Jodie Marsh's existence. You chew on it and when the flavour goes you just pretend it's still there and keep on smiling inanely into the middle-distance. It's sad. More people should feel more strongly. That's what matters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishstudent)
    I know what you mean. A lot of people go through life without ever really feeling anything. For many, life is just a big, pink, ball of bubblegum with less meaning than Jodie Marsh's existence. You chew on it and when the flavour goes you just pretend it's still there and keep on smiling inanely into the middle-distance. It's sad. More people should feel more strongly. That's what matters.
    oi. you. whats the deal with rushda? i know these things are meant for PMs but

yeah.

ReputationRep:
    But without Emotions, the world would be pointless and so would relationships.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saiyamana)
    lol, you need to spend less time on msn m8, emoticons..... :rolleyes:
    I misread, Thank you for pointing it out.

Emotion is very important, I would find life very dull without it. Without emotions you realise that nothing would be done about any disasters that occur and many more people would die, also it would be impossible to naturally reproduce.

ReputationRep:
    I think the gist of this thread is that excessive emotion is a bad thing... I certainly wouldn't want an emotionless existence, that's for sure!

ReputationRep:
    not sure ive heard that expression before............you must cry a lot hehe
    I create my own english language all the time and I'm the only one who is allowed to do so by the law of the council of english litreture and proper language of england and scotland America and irland and all countries that uses english as a second or as a first language :eek:

ReputationRep:
    i have yet to find a "point" but i am hopeful

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.