Wild Thing
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by saturn)
nah ive just woke up
lol...then go drink a beer

(ps: do we get any feedback from your ex gf and how it went :p:?)
AngelofnoColour
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yeh you dont ignore your own problems, when people are starving in africa.

But what I was trying to say was, well Ive been told so many times, that there are always people worse of than you. When I attempted suicide last year, everyone was like, theres no need to cry and do that, there are others like the third world, who are worse off than you, why worry yourself off, when you can help others. etc... Um I dont know if that made sense or not,lol.
AngelofnoColour
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
you get my point though.
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Oh yeah absolutely - annoys me so much too, but in a bittersweet kind of way. Little things touch me too much Situations, people, music, films, books, memories, everything.
AngelofnoColour
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lessthanthree)

You're not going to be able to help other people if you're not helping yourself in the first place. You need to be in a good place emotionally, mentally, whatever, before you can be in a position to give other people the best help you possibly can.
Well I guess my degree is pointless then, lol.
PrOdiGy_
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by BlueAngel)
Yeh you dont ignore your own problems, when people are starving in africa.

But what I was trying to say was, well Ive been told so many times, that there are always people worse of than you. When I attempted suicide last year, everyone was like, theres no need to cry and do that, there are others like the third world, who are worse off than you, why worry yourself off, when you can help others. etc... Um I dont know if that made sense or not,lol.
you attempted suicide?

the 3rd world comparison thing i dont really find valid at all, apples and oranges
AngelofnoColour
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by PrOdiGy_)
you attempted suicide?

the 3rd world comparison thing i dont really find valid at all, apples and oranges
I have mentioned it once b4, I think.
The comparison thing, yeh I dont know why the counsellor compared my issue with that. Strange.
saturn
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by wild thing)
lol...then go drink a beer

(ps: do we get any feedback from your ex gf and how it went :p:?)
i mentioned it in a thread a few days ago but i told her i don't think i suited her lol i said i was more lazy etc and said 'i hope you don't mind' she said ' it won't have to mind' and that its cool so weve not really spoke since
the conversation went something like that.. but it was saturday morning and too early to think
AngelofnoColour
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
well, I don't know what your degree is, but that wasn't the insinuation.

Basically, if one is too weak emotionally to deal with one's own problems, I'd find it hard to envisage one being able to give the best possible advice and help to people who are maybe suicidal and stuff. Demons need to get tackled before one can start taking on everyone else's fight. It's like going into battle with your legs in plaster - one is limited.
yeh thats what I meant, sorry Im really bad at explain things. Im doing a psychology degree and want to become a shrink, and I think the main reason I want to do this, is to help others, who have suffered like I have in the past. But like my mates and several others say, Im not mentally healthy, lol, to help others, because I cant sort my own problems out at the moment. So I dont what Im going to do, if I cant help myself, I cant help others. But I do always try on here TSR, to help the best I can.
habosh
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I do not recall this centre being named.

When using the word everybody, that would include me and i dont use the calendar with saterday and shnaftday so please rephrase
what are you from mars :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ?you are taking it dead seriously
PrOdiGy_
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
yeh thats what I meant, sorry Im really bad at explain things. Im doing a psychology degree and want to become a shrink, and I think the main reason I want to do this, is to help others, who have suffered like I have in the past. But like my mates and several others say, Im not mentally healthy, lol, to help others, because I cant sort my own problems out at the moment. So I dont what Im going to do, if I cant help myself, I cant help others. But I do always try on here TSR, to help the best I can.
Most people in RL, like me, do not try at all to help. At least you are willing to make the effort which i believe is worth something
PrOdiGy_
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by habosh)
what are you from mars :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ?you are taking it dead seriously
no im just trying to do anything so i dont have to write these 3 geography essays i have to hand in for tomorrow :/
saturn
Rep:
?
You're comparing stuff like that to the food chain? Lobsters vs AIDs and starvation? good god.

Dude, those innocent lobsters can be gobbled up alive by some beastly water creature at any point in time.

It's the way of the world that people believe mass human lifelong suffering to be more significant than the minute long struggle a lobster has in a pan.
and I'm inclined to believe that's pretty justified.

If you're advocating total vegetarianism then I'm just gonna step off right now, because we're not going to see eye to eye on this issue.
about the lobsters just cause they die in nature doesn't mean its right to cook them in a pan, they don't even kill them first :confused:
Mass human lifelong suffering should be believed to be a lot more inportant than a lobster obviously.
But im talking about stuff like 'oh ive not eaten for 2 hours,' lets go and cook a lobster. There is plenty of other food why should someone's slight hunger be important enough to cook a lobster (it would be a massive issue if a person was burned alive). Its pathetic
AngelofnoColour
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Most people in RL, like me, do not try at all to help. At least you are willing to make the effort which i believe is worth something
thanks!
AngelofnoColour
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
funnily enough, my dad's a doctor and he says that all of the psychologists he knows have "issues" to the point at which they've actually become really odd.

Yeh, Freud did, and look how famous he is, so yeh ur Dad could be rite, thanks for that.
habosh
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
no im just trying to do anything so i dont have to write these 3 geography essays i have to hand in for tomorrow :/
tell your teacher that alians kidnapped you and brought you back an hour ago and you couldn't finish your work,it maybe work out,try it
PrOdiGy_
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
famous certainly does not = correct/good
saturn
Rep:
?
Yeh, Freud did, and look how famous he is, so yeh ur Dad could be rite, thanks for that.
i was actually thinking of going into councelling when ive completed this degree but the way i see it is that you learn to solve other people's problems and therefore should be able to solve your own.
Although its strange that a lot of psychologists are odd :confused:
PrOdiGy_
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by habosh)
tell your teacher that alians kidnapped you and brought you back an hour ago and you couldn't finish your work,it maybe work out,try it
my teachers are annoying though, they dont even believe me when i say my dog ate my homework
AngelofnoColour
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by saturn)
i was actually thinking of going into councelling when ive completed this degree but the way i see it is that you learn to solve other people's problems and therefore should be able to solve your own.
Although its strange that a lot of psychologists are odd :confused:
well I havent solved my major problem of Obesessing over Shane day and night yet. But then again, I might be a **** psychologist, lol.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (58)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (19)
21.84%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.49%

Watched Threads