Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm the happy median between emotion and total nothing. I officially get freaked out when my friends hug me. a nice smile or pat on the shoulder is sufficient. I cry over good movies but not every sappy love story. I care just enough that I don't look like a freak. Some emotion is good. You don't want people seeing you as a heartless beast... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lessthanthree)
    they die pretty fast in the pan.
    Lobster is nice. that's why people eat it. I can't even believe I'm having this discussion.
    Peopple eat it for the same reason they'd eat a carrot or a steak, it provides the nutrients that they require at that point.

That'd be because humans aren't shellfish. Does a lobster even have the same makeup and nervous system as a human? And they aren't burned; they're boiled.

Anyway, this is completely daft, humans have been eating animals since the dawn of their existance, it's hardly going to stop because of new found lobster sympathy.
    just because something has been done before does not make it correct. if we were to continue like that people would still be getting hanged.........oh wait, thats good, meh

ReputationRep:
    Lobster is nice. that's why people eat it. I can't even believe I'm having this discussion.
    Peopple eat it for the same reason they'd eat a carrot or a steak, it provides the nutrients that they require at that point.

That'd be because humans aren't shellfish. Does a lobster even have the same makeup and nervous system as a human? And they aren't burned; they're boiled.

Anyway, this is completely daft, humans have been eating animals since the dawn of their existance, it's hardly going to stop because of new found lobster sympathy.
    I agree on the animal topic. I love animals, but only to a point. Humans rely on animals as a source of food. That's nature. It's just silly to become a vegetarian for the animal's sake. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saturn)
    i was actually thinking of going into councelling when ive completed this degree but the way i see it is that you learn to solve other people's problems and therefore should be able to solve your own.
    Although its strange that a lot of psychologists are odd :confused:
    Everyone has issues and the point of counseling is so that someone else can see your problems from a different aspect and help you through them. its easier to see peoples problems and not your own.

We psychologists are an eccentric bunch but heck we're interesting!

ReputationRep:
    I never said it was correct, I said it wasn't going to change :p:

and hanging = good stuff.
    damn right

chavs would have something to go watch to entertain themselves rather than stealing cars and breeding

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frost105)

We psychologists are an eccentric bunch but heck we're interesting!
    you got that right, lol.

ReputationRep:

Thats why what im saying sounds daft, humans have always seen it as ok, they will never stop no because its too much effort but if your telling me that someone's desire for the taste of a lobster is more important than a lobsters life, then there must be something wrong with me cause i think its pathetic and wrong. Shouldn't it somehow at least be confimed that lobsters don't have the same nervous system before boiling them for human desire

ReputationRep:
    Thats why what im saying sounds daft, humans have always seen it as ok, they will never stop no because its too much effort but if your telling me that someone's desire for the taste of a lobster is more important than a lobsters life, then there must be something wrong with me cause i think its pathetic and wrong. Shouldn't it somehow at least be confimed that lobsters don't have the same nervous system before boiling them for human desire
    unfortunately in this world

human desire > all and that will never change

ReputationRep:
    Think of the bacteria people, they have feelings too!!

ReputationRep:
    given the fact I'd rather they found a cure for cancer than researched to what degree a lobster feels pain?

Are you just bothered about lobsters, or are we talking cows, sheep and piggies too?
    LOL, I loved the way you said that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFi25)
    LMAO.!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    chavs dont

we should boil them instead

ReputationRep:
    haha. I don't swat flies, I pray for their safe journey out of the window.
    :p: Hehehe!! I just thought I would try to be a hippy, unfortunately it doesnt really suit me!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrOdiGy_)
    chavs dont

we should boil them instead
    Boil?? mmm, in water or in oil?? :confused: Maybe we should carry out trials to see which one kills slower!!

ReputationRep:
    Indeed. me too.

I hate flies. that's the reason I let black spiders live when I find them.

I kill brown spiders though. I'm a spider racist.
    LMAO!! Spider racist!! lol! nah, I am just sociopathic, i dont let anything live if i can help it. Go raid!! lol!

ReputationRep:
    I hate everyone with the name Gillian, Im sorry to say.

ReputationRep:
    Boil?? mmm, in water or in oil?? :confused: Maybe we should carry out trials to see which one kills slower!!
    which is the most painful and unpleasant? that one

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea how lobsters think and feel. I would think that it's pretty difficult and also pretty irrelevant, given the fact I'd rather they found a cure for cancer than researched to what degree a lobster feels pain?

Are you just bothered about lobsters, or are we talking cows, sheep and piggies too?
    the whole lot really, but lobsters are killed in one of the cruelest ways, yeah a cure for cancer is more important than researching lobsters, maybe they could stop boiling lobsters while they concentrate on cancer research?
    Its irrelevant to humans cause they are the ones getting the benifit.

ReputationRep:
    the whole lot really, but lobsters are killed in one of the cruelest ways, yeah a cure for cancer is more important than researching lobsters, maybe they could stop boiling lobsters while they concentrate on cancer research?
    Its irrelevant to humans cause they are the ones getting the benifit.
    Mmmmm lobster.........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrOdiGy_)
    which is the most painful and unpleasant? that one
    I would think water as it boils at a lower temperature, which would mean it would kill the person slower, thus being more painful!! Oh and I know it is painful as I have suffered second degree burns from a boiling water spillage before, still have no nerve endings in my arm!! lol!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.