The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

depends if you're willing to pay for a tv lisence!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
I bought mine, I love having it, watching on the net drives me mad if I'm trying to do two things at once.

On the other hand, without it, I'd probably have done more work :biggrin:

Swings and roundabouts - if you have willpower and will turn it off when necessary, go for it :smile:
polythenepam
depends if you're willing to pay for a tv lisence!

You have to pay for a license even if you're just watching online, might as well bring the TV for convenience...
Reply 4
my cousin took his tv and has been at uni for a year and a half now and he never paid for a tv license. I probaly will bring it, i paid 150 quid for it and it would be a waste to leave it at home, ill just have to make sure i lock my room
Christian_j
You have to pay for a license even if you're just watching online, might as well bring the TV for convenience...

Isn't life unfair!:biggrin:
depends if you want to pay around 200 quid for a TV license.. well, thats the price at UWE anyway.
libertine89773
my cousin took his tv and has been at uni for a year and a half now and he never paid for a tv license. I probaly will bring it, i paid 150 quid for it and it would be a waste to leave it at home, ill just have to make sure i lock my room

Some people get away withh it and some dont. I was at Uni of Nottingham by the way....dont no if it makes a difference where you are.......I didnt have my tv, but all the others in my flat did and after a couple of months they recieved letters from the tv lisence people demanding that they paid!!! :eek:
Christian_j

not for 4od you don't need a license :p:
Reply 9
polythenepam
I didnt have my tv, but all the others in my flat did and after a couple of months they recieved letters from the tv lisence people demanding that they paid!!! :eek:

were they fined?
I don't actually know...but I would assume so if they had letters and the company knew they were watching it without a lisence!
its a piss take, its just the government finding ways to take money off you
abbi_louise_whey
depends if you want to pay around 200 quid for a TV license.. well, thats the price at UWE anyway.

They made you pay £200?

It's the same price wherever you go, £139.50 - if they charged you £200 at UWE you've been had.
an_end_has_a_start
not for 4od you don't need a license :p:

Well no, but you know what I mean :smile:
Christian_j
They made you pay £200?

It's the same price wherever you go, £139.50 - if they charged you £200 at UWE you've been had.

I haven't personally been charged that, but my boyfriend is at UWE and told me his mate had to pay around that much. What a bummer for a poor student :erm:
abbi_louise_whey
I haven't personally been charged that, but my boyfriend is at UWE and told me his mate had to pay around that much. What a bummer for a poor student :erm:

Nah, it's 139 quid for everyone - it is a bit much though I agree.
Christian_j

Only for BBC iPlayer and even then there's no way tell if you're evading...
I didn't take one - largely because I didn't have one in my room at uni at the time, I also was like pfff im guna be way too social to have a TV I'll be partying every night.
Then I realised I hate partying. So i bought a lovely TV which is one of my favourite possessions.

I say yes.
numb3rb0y
Only for BBC iPlayer and even then there's no way tell if you're evading...

OK, to clarify, I'm talking about watching via something like freewire, as many students do, not just for iPlayer etc.
Christian_j
Nah, it's 139 quid for everyone - it is a bit much though I agree.

Well that's alright then :smile: my boyfriend tends to binge on SurfTheChannel anyway.

Latest

Trending

Trending