The Student Room Group

probably going to fail my a levels (bio and chem) what should I do

Scroll to see replies

unfortunately for dentistry they are basically fails bc you need at least B's.

Yes but they are NOT failing grades - for you they aren't much use but for others they'll get on the course they want,
Reply 21
Original post by Muttley79
Yes but they are NOT failing grades - for you they aren't much use but for others they'll get on the course they want,

i cba. obviously I know they are not failing grades but as I said for dentistry they are not good enough. this thread is for advice for retaking a levels but thank you so much for telling me that other people can get on a course they want with D's but thats got nothing to do with me I am applying for dentistry so read the original post.
i cba. obviously I know they are not failing grades but as I said for dentistry they are not good enough. this thread is for advice for retaking a levels but thank you so much for telling me that other people can get on a course they want with D's but thats got nothing to do with me I am applying for dentistry so read the original post.

I did read the OP but you are being unkind to thousands of students who can use a grade D - they did not FAIL their A levels and nor will you if you get those grades.

There are many options - resits for example but you need to sort out the issues that have led you to underachieve,
Just do your best and also apply for extenuating circumstances. Worst comes to worst you resit. But don’t stress about that until you have evidence of your grades on results day
Reply 24
Original post by Muttley79
I did read the OP but you are being unkind to thousands of students who can use a grade D - they did not FAIL their A levels and nor will you if you get those grades.

There are many options - resits for example but you need to sort out the issues that have led you to underachieve,

my guy you've lost it fr. how am I being unkind ffs. I am talking about my unique situation not talking for anyone else don't you understand this. once again never said if anyone achieves D's they have failed ofc they haven't. but for dentistry D's are not good enough can't believe I am having to repeat myself. anyways yes thank you I will sort out my issues.
Reply 25
Original post by user8937264980
Just do your best and also apply for extenuating circumstances. Worst comes to worst you resit. But don’t stress about that until you have evidence of your grades on results day

thank you yep im trying my best to not focus on the negatives try my best to get through the exams and then if needed will resit.
my guy you've lost it fr. how am I being unkind ffs. I am talking about my unique situation not talking for anyone else don't you understand this. once again never said if anyone achieves D's they have failed ofc they haven't. but for dentistry D's are not good enough can't believe I am having to repeat myself. anyways yes thank you I will sort out my issues.

You called a D a fail - change the thread title

Quick Reply