Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

I was in FAME when i was at school Was one of the dancers. Was amazing. Have a good time!

ReputationRep:
    Godspell, The Rocky Horror Show, West Side Story

Godspell cause it made me laugh and cry
    Rocky Horror cause it made me laugh
    WSS cause I love the songs

ReputationRep:
    heeeeey....
    miss saigon is great , the music is amazing, as is phantom.
    les mis is also one of my fav's, however, its quite hard going the 1st time round. the second time i went i was in love with it.
    now as the for the lion king.. wooooww!!
    ive seen it twice already and am going again tonight for a mates bday!
    sooo goood.
    'we will rock you' if your into your queen is also amazing- such a buzz!

ReputationRep:
    Blood brothers
    Miss Saigon
    Oliver
    Oklahoma
    Grease
    Mary Poppins
    Lion King
    West Side Story
    Les Miserables
    Phantom of the Opera
    My Fair Lady
    The Sound of Music
    Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
    Acorn Antiques - The Musical

can't think of any more at present!!!!

Love Ladyshort

ReputationRep:
    Half of these aren't on anymore!

Les Miserables is the best musical still on in the West End, followed by We Will Rock You.
    Chess is probably the best musical not on in the West End. Criminally underrated

ReputationRep:
    what is woman in white about?? I've heard good reports about it.

ReputationRep:
    I just came back from seeing Jesus Christ Superstar at the Southampton Mayflower. It was pretty good, but nothing amazing. The guy playing Jesus had a Justin from the Darkness kind of voice. Pretty funny stuff! Rock on Jesus!! I'd rate the musical 6/10. I wouldn't go see it again, but I enjoyed it while there. I want to see Les Mis and Miss Saigon again - I'm a Boublil and Shonberg junky!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lessthanthree)
    you have to see the lion king before you die, apparently.
    Overrated I think. It was good, but, probably because there's so much hype, I wasn't really 'blown away' by it.

(Original post by rachplatt)
    Okay thanks...I think im sold on les mis! Also I'm planning on seeing Miss Saigon in march-whats that like?
    Fantastic. I love it. I've been listening to the sound track since I was very young and singing along with family etc. It's really very good. My parents have seen it three times- the third time was for my birthday treat some years ago and it apparently wasn't as good as it had been but nevermind. I meant to go again with some friends when it was touring nearby but that oppertunity has been and gone. Ah well.

ReputationRep:
    I really liked Jesus Christ Superstar. And The Rocky Horror picture Show.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by misty)
    'we will rock you' if your into your queen is also amazing- such a buzz!
    This is very good.
    Have seen it 3 times now, once with an almost full cast and quite close to original cast as well.
    The singing is worth it alone, and the music...the musicians are very very talented.
    Amazing costumes as well, I want the tutu!
    Also funny, with modern jokes and play on words...the script is always being updated with new jokes. New parts to scenes and dance sequences are added as well. It is very different to when I first seen it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DRWallace)
    I really liked Jesus Christ Superstar. And The Rocky Horror picture Show.

Forgot about those two. Tempted to say Jesus Christ Superstar was his best work. I find most of his musicals cripplingly sentimental, although I still enjoy the occasional song.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachplatt)
    I'm going to London for a school trip at the end of the month. We have free time in the evening and some of us were considering going to see a musical. What is your favourite? Why? etc etc
    Guys & Dolls, The Phantom of the Opera, and an Aussie one you prolly wouldn't have heard of Oh and when I was younger, I liked the musical The Pirates of Penzance

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 3, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.