Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Don't you hate it when people think music from ages ago, like the 70s, is ****? and only due to the reason that its not from around now

because? its brilliant

earth, wind and fire > all music today

ReputationRep:
    yep, definately, i prefer 70s music to any music these days espesially with led zeppellin and david bowie

ReputationRep:
    and no i dont prefer 70s music

haha you are gunna get no replies in this section

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrOdiGy_)
    and no i dont prefer 70s music

haha you are gunna get no replies in this section
    i think people who have a broad and good taste in music will reply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BLUREMI)
    i think people who have a broad and good taste in music will reply
    sure they will

ReputationRep:
    Joy Division was about the only good thing to come out of the seventies, although I suppose some of the Bee Gee's stuff was ok. I also like John Denvor and Cat Stephens stuff.

I do have to make a confession to liking Boney M though and owning an ABBA album. I personaly prefer the more real music of the 80's myself.

I am not that into the punk sene though, I saw the Buzzcocks live and it didn't really do much for me. I do totally understand what punk was all about though, I really love a lot of the more musical post punk stuff though.

ReputationRep:
    70's music is great, Its the 80's music I dislike.

ReputationRep:
    What I don't like about the 70's is it was too glamorous, in the 80's and 90's there were a lot of bands who just looked like normal everyday people and basicaly were, I respect that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)
    70's music is great, Its the 80's music I dislike.
    yeh for me the only gr8 band from the 80s are the pixies, sonic youth and the smiths plus a few others, most of 80s music is too cheezy

ReputationRep:
    yeh for me the only gr8 band from the 80s are the pixies, sonic youth and the smiths plus a few others, most of 80s music is too cheezy
    I find that about the 70's though. There is a lot of 80's stuff that isn't cheesy like the Smiths. I just find I can relate to 80's lyrics more though, probably because I was bought up in the 80's. I remember stuff like T'Pua and Kirsty McColl very clearly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pig)
    Bowie, Queen, Led Zeppelin? Legendary man, legendary.
    dont forget the CLASH

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pig)
    Bowie, Queen, Led Zeppelin? Legendary man, legendary.
    I suppose Bowie and Queen were ok but I can't relate to them that well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    I find that about the 70's though. There is a lot of 80's stuff that isn't cheesy like the Smiths. I just find I can relate to 80's lyrics more though, probably because I was bought up in the 80's. I remember stuff like T'Pua and Kirsty McColl very clearly.
    yeh i guess it depends when u were brought up and peoples influences, all though i was brought up in the 90s i still listen to alot of old music prob due to my parents and older bros

ReputationRep:
    Joy Division was about the only good thing to come out of the seventies, although I suppose some of the Bee Gee's stuff was ok. I also like John Denvor and Cat Stephens stuff.
    Bol*ocks.

2 words.

Stevie.
    Wonder.

better than absolutely anyone in the 70's...by miles...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babyshambles)
    Bol*ocks.

2 words.

Stevie.
    Wonder.

better than absolutely anyone in the 70's...by miles...
    lol not better than bowie or the clash imo

ReputationRep:
    lol not better than bowie or the clash imo
    Stevie's albums in the 70's were all top notch...The Clash only had 2 good albums, Bowie comes close, but Stevie shades it IMO.

ReputationRep:
    yeh i guess it depends when u were brought up and peoples influences, all though i was brought up in the 90s i still listen to alot of old music prob due to my parents and older bros
    Yep coming from Manchester has certainly had an influence over my music tastes, but I of a lot of people invovled in it. With the Smiths its so easy to see the conection because a lot of the lyrics about the exact same area of Manchester where I was bought up.

ReputationRep:
    Yep coming from Manchester has certainly had an influence over my music tastes, but I of a lot of people invovled in it. With the Smiths its so easy to see the conection because a lot of the lyrics about the exact same area of Manchester where I was bought up.
    what is it with people from manchester and manchester. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Popular music was grievously wounded on December 31st 1989 and has never really been the same since.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrism)
    Popular music was grievously wounded on December 31st 1989 and has never really been the same since.
    that's just as stupid as people who say only modern music is good.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.