Turn on thread page Beta

Why I'm lefty? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I don't know whay I'm lefty I know genes made my left part stronger than right but other than that does being a lefty has other effects on me ,like I'm the only lefty between my siblings and I'm a bit different than them :confused:
    Ps if you have a good site about left info's give it to me,I'd be intrested to read more about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habosh)
    I don't know whay I'm lefty I know genes made my left part stronger than right but other than that does being a lefty has other effects on me ,like I'm the only lefty between my siblings and I'm a bit different than them :confused:
    Ps if you have a good site about left info's give it to me,I'd be intrested to read more about it
    Its cos the right side of your brain has dominance over the left side, in normal right handed people it is the other way around to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFi25)
    Its cos the right side of your brain has dominance over the left side, in normal right handed people it is the other way around to you.
    once I've done a test on the internet couple of days ago and it was that my left mind dominance over :rolleyes: :p:

ReputationRep:
    once I've done a test on the internet couple of days ago and it was that my left mind dominance over :rolleyes: :p:
    Yes, and internet tests are THE MOST RELIABLE aren't they?

Did you understand all of the questions etc? These tests take a lot of verbal input into account. I think there are a few Arabic ones out there that might help. BUt like I said, online tests are not reliable at all....

ReputationRep:
    methinks the site was wrong, cos its a crossover thing, which ever side is dominant your other hand is your dominant one. Though it rather breaks down on me as I can use both hands just as effectively, I am ambidextrous!! lol!

ReputationRep:
    I am a lefty but I do everything except writing and using a spoon with my right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    Yes, and internet tests are THE MOST RELIABLE aren't they?

Did you understand all of the questions etc? These tests take a lot of verbal input into account. I think there are a few Arabic ones out there that might help. BUt like I said, online tests are not reliable at all....
    I Believe in internet tests. :rolleyes:
    they were multiple choices actully,didn't need alot of analysing,I use microsoft word just incase I need to find a meaning of an english word or a spelling of one indeed. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_musical_gal)
    same here. Except sport. I think its something we train ourselves to do in a right handed society. I dont think it really makes any difference to who you are though. It seems kinda random to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_musical_gal)
    I used to eat with my left hand but my parents were so strict about it,and stuff so I got the hang of eating with my right hand,sometimes unconciously i use my left hand but that is so rare for writing I'd write like a 3 years old kid with my right hand,I find my self pretty much like others except using my left hand,but I wanna know if there are other things that are affected or different other than using different hand for writing or eating :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1 fanatic)
    same here. Except sport. I think its something we train ourselves to do in a right handed society. I dont think it really makes any difference to who you are though. It seems kinda random to me
    the right part of the brain is more random and rational than the left brain I've read somewhere....so lefties use their right brain while righties use their left brain

ReputationRep:
    the right part of the brain is more random and rational than the left brain I've read somewhere....so lefties use their right brain while righties use their left brain
    Im not random. Im very rational yet Im left handed

ReputationRep:
    This may sound weird but, are you a twin?
    There's a higher % of lefties among twins then among, well non-twins...

ReputationRep:
    www.lefthandedpeoplearedorks.com Only kidding!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalie Lane)
    This may sound weird but, are you a twin?
    There's a higher % of lefties among twins then among, well non-twins...
    Nope..unless I have one and my parents don't want me to know..AWWW I want to see my twin:bawling:

ReputationRep:
    being left handed is cool, not just like everyone else

i believe left handed people should be allowed to write mirrored to avoid the problems faced in writing in the direction that favours right handed people (left to right)

ReputationRep:
    Nope..unless I have one and my parents don't want me to know..AWWW I want to see my twin:bawling:
    well, then as long as you don't use 'inky' pens (cause then you might blur everything you've written) I see nothing wrong with it...

ReputationRep:
    I have friends who r lefty , that's kool. heard about lefty people r more creative....

ReputationRep:

ooh ooo me lefty too!!! :hello:

that smilie is ^^^ left handed too!!!

yay for left handers!!!!

I have this site.. I will find the adress

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalie Lane)
    well, then as long as you don't use 'inky' pens (cause then you might blur everything you've written) I see nothing wrong with it...
    see my post 15. problem solved.

ReputationRep:
    im lefty but im not creatvie

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.